aaa Phill, yes, even you get some praise :) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36             06-Mar-00  @  01:53 AM   -   Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Phill, very awesome >New< patches on the Nova mate...a %101 improvement over the old performances bank.

my2pence - include more:

--->aftertouche TO filter

--->mod wheel TO Delay/chorus

the patches are really great, thank you for the quality knob twisting.

R,

V

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/36             07-Mar-00  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

We need more input on the current sound banks and the type of sounds you are looking for.

We are developing new sound banks all the time and feedback as to what YOU want is the key.

Pleae advise your preferences.

Phill@Novation

Message 3/36             10-Mar-00  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Blunted

Well, I wish I had 4 banks to hold all my patches in, but since I don't....

I really like pads out of my nova...synus is just killer, definatly not enough of those in there for my taste
also basses...like no moralies..but there are probably enought basses in there...hmm, I don't seem to mind the patches I got...I like'm

is there a new soundset for the nova?

Message 4/36             12-Mar-00  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

Well Phill, I have thought this long and hard mate. When you look around the competition, you will see companies like Clavia developing software to empower its product users to shape thier own sounds graphically. I speak for all here and I ask that you guide Novation into this realm.

Initial cost are minimal, but the "company shine factor" will be huge with current and prospect buyers in awe. This enables users to harness the full power of the Supernova and Nova's DSP and thier uncanny, warm algorithms.

Please, in the next Novation steering meeting bring this up (and don't take no for an answer   I guarantee splash ads in the 'zines will attract and stir much more attention with the addition of the sound manager software.

Regards,

V

PS if you need guidence as far what the sound mgr sound look/be like, so Clavia's 3.0 software for the Modular. At LEAST, do a proggie that can manange Nova's patches, ala, saving ones' favorites and then adding addtional patches for that "ultimately loaded" Nova.

Message 5/36             12-Mar-00  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

emccay

I couldn't agree more !!

I would also like some more trance sounds like the ones youe came up with before

Thanks

Eric

Message 6/36             12-Mar-00  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

jorcol

Well... I'd like to see more classic analog synth sounds in future banks. Things like Prophets, Juno's, Jupiter's, ARP's... And more in the Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Jarre, Schultze way.

Many thanks
Jordi Coloma

Message 7/36             12-Mar-00  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

Intersesting info...

Some want classics, some whant new...

The pop stuff I'm listenibg to dictates big fat Trance mutha F**kers..

Thats what I'm makin now...If you have any other ideas let me know..

Phill@Novation

Message 8/36             12-Mar-00  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

Phill

Sorry about creative spelling...
Phill@Novation

Message 9/36             12-Mar-00  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

V

daaaaaaaam, Phill wit da aTtiTude mOn!
....and the software idea Phill???????

V

Message 10/36             13-Mar-00  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Phill, yes, even you get some praise :)

intro5pect

I tend to think that most all the sounds that the SN puts out are good ones, but, if your looking for input, I would like to see more "classic" emulations as well. P.S. for those of us without an editor/librarian it would be nice if there was a soundset arranged by order of instruments, for example A000 through say A041 would be basses A042 through A076 would be soft leads and so on.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)