aaa O.S. options - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: O.S. options

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             09-Mar-00  @  02:07 AM   -   O.S. options

intro5pect

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was just thinking it sure would be cool to be able to use some of the new FM ringmod algorithms found in the new SN2/Nova2 but unfortunatly I have a SN (well not unfortunatly but..) However , not knowing how much dsp power is in the nova 2 vs the SN(rack) I think that it would be very cool if the new Nova2 O.S. could be compatable with the SN (rack) giving us the new algorithms for F.M. at the expense of 14 effects, 6 voices, and no vocoder (of course). It would seem to me that if there is enough dsp power for it, the only thing that would have to change are a few knob/button assignments. It would be very nice to have the option to choose whether I want 8 parts or 6 with the option of FM. Anyway, it seems like a cool option to me. (and something that wouldn't be to difficult for Novation)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             09-Mar-00  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: O.S. options

Phill

Some new features from the SNV II & Nova II will appear in these products. The FM however is not one of them.

Sorry.

Phill@Novation

Message 3/11             09-Mar-00  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: O.S. options

flarewearer

Yeah!
i think it would be really cool if you could have OS options so you could change some of the facilities at the expense of others depending on what you happen to need from your supernova.

Message 4/11             10-Mar-00  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: O.S. options

Phill

This swapping out of features thing will not happen I am sorry.

Phill@Novation

Message 5/11             21-Mar-00  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: O.S. options

electro_alchemy

...and the whole "knob mode" option that the Access Virus uses (as does the Nord Modular, as I just discovered with a recent purchase  ) - damn, I want to buy one of these boxes (nova / nova II), but my entire rig is setup for live performance, and this feature is INVALUABLE in that arena (in case any of you still don't know what I'm speaking of, it's where you can set your knob mode to "hook" or "immediate", where essentially you are given the option to move knobs around as you please without the associated parameter values changing until the physical position of the knob actually reaches the value that parameter is set at - helps to avoid that "well, my cutoff freq is set to 10 in the patch, but my knob is currently at the 127 position, as soon as I move it my cutoff freq is going to jump up to that value and produce a rather NASTY effect") - this couldn't be that hard to implement, please tell me it's in the upcoming OS revision?

Message 6/11             06-Apr-00  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: O.S. options

Kinetik

Yes it is.

Message 7/11             06-Apr-00  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: O.S. options

Stefan

Great

Message 8/11             06-Apr-00  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: O.S. options

CK

Excellent,

Probably the single most useful thing that could put in a future OS release. Access have pretty much got the best setup for controlling parameters.

Message 9/11             25-Apr-00  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: O.S. options

tetsuo2

will the os upgrade generally just make our nova's sound better??? This is what we ALL wanna know...

Message 10/11             25-Apr-00  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: O.S. options

tetsuo2

will the os upgrade generally just make our nova's sound better??? This is what we ALL wanna know...

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)