aaa computer based remix studios - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: computer based remix studios

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             26-May-97  @  07:41 PM   -   computer based remix studios

Tripps

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Heys all,
Use this "subject" box to post any new ideas, questions, or comments you may have concerning computer based remixing/recordin.
Also, leave Urls to any cool samlple sites or freeware/shareware programs that you would like to share w/others.
I hope to start a growing library of "Stuff" that is useful and up to date for everyone.
Here goes.
SOFTWARE:
Hammerhead- if you don't have this, GET IT!
This is great freeware. Create slammin dance rhythms w/in 5 min.
You can even load in your own drums/samples.

Rubber duck- Shareware, but still a cool ass 303ish rhythm creator.
The program allows you to load in your own drum loop and sync it to what you are currently working on.
If you use hammerhead w/this it will make you  .

LOOOOOPS & THINGS:
check out Millenium rcds site for some PHat good quality wav. samples.

Check the next message for the urls to these sites ( I don't have them handy at the moment )

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             26-May-97  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

Tripps

Ok here are the urls for the stuff in the previous message.

http://bunji.realitycom.com/kilo4-3/synth/duck.htm
http://www.millenniumrecords.com/index1.htm
Http://inside.hku.nl/~bram/hammer/index.htm

1. rubber duck-
2. millenium recds sample pg
3. hammerhead rhythm gen.

More later... ENJOY   TRIPPS.

Message 3/12             27-May-97  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

kilo

there you go peeps...this dudes got the right idea....use the space

Message 4/12             29-May-97  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

Tripps

Heys,
Does anyone out there run SAW the music editing software?
I need help. I Keep getting a message that reads, "invalid header, can not read wave file"
WTF? I thought a wav. file was a wav. file. The waves I'm trying to import are from various sources.
If its any help, I can load them into sound forge just fine.

Thanx, Tripps

Message 5/12             30-May-97  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

ok....the problem here is as you say...you are using .WAV files from various sources.....SAW is having a problem resolving the playback of different samples at different sample rates....

Message 6/12             02-Jun-97  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

Tripps

Thanks for the reply. I realize that SAW is having problems importing wav. files that aren't recorded on SAW.
what I would like to know is if there is some kind of work around and how do I do it. Do you think convering the files to another format might fix it?
As I experiment more with the program I may end up answering my own question.
Also, does anyone out there work with mp3 files. If you do, what are the hot programs to aquire ( players,editors,etc...) and what can they do? I'm looking for hi-end programs w/a fairly friendly user interface.

Message 7/12             02-Jun-97  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

kilo

NO....SAW HAS NO PROBLEMS IMPORTING AUDIO FROM OTHER SOURCES....YOU SIMPLY CANNOT MIX SAMPLE RATES ON THE MULTITRACK VIEW....or maybe they are www files that are corrupted....I can import files from any soiurce to sawplus...but you do get problems mixing sample rates....

Message 8/12             03-Jun-97  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

Tripps

Kilo,
I'm not trying to mix sample rates. I don't know a program out there that will let you do that. I think you hit the problem though. I use a lot of sounds and loops that have been www dwn. loads. When I try to open these with SAW it will tell me that the file is corrupt or dammaged.
I need to look into the problem a bit more. I really need SAW to work. I don't want to have to start compiling a new sample library just for SAW. Do you know just what makes these wav. files look bad to SAW and ok to sound forge?
Also, let me give you a quick rundown of what I use to remix. Sound Forge, Recycle, SAW ( for now ), hammerhead, stomper, and rubber duck. I have no midi gear and all of my effects are software driven. I take the source tracks ( if I have them ) and put them into SAW or sound forge. From there I can manipulate and process them.

Message 9/12             03-Jun-97  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

Craig

Out of interest - what hardware are you using? In
patricular how is your soundcard performing? How do you
rate the quality?

Message 10/12             03-Jun-97  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: computer based remix studios

kilo

well....some programmes file the header at the end...and some at the beginning....maybe it's that....I too have problems sometimes with www samples.....all the samples I've posted on this site are A OK....44.1 zipped .wav's....that's the best I personally can do....are you using saw 4 track ??....or sawPlus....??...what is the error message.??....can you send me one of the error reading wav files....(a short one zipped)...I'll try it here & see if I get the same problemo !!

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)