aaa rebirth 338 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: rebirth 338

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/48             31-May-97  @  12:56 PM   -   rebirth 338

KID303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

HAS ANYONE BOUGHT AND USED THE OFFICIAL PRODUCT YET? IF SO WHAT PROBLEMS HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED AND WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF IT?
WHAT ABOUT PC SPECS? I'VE A P100.16MEG RAM AND A AW32 SOUNDCARD. DON'T THINK I'VE GOT DIRECT X . HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO HAVE A DIRECT X DRIVER INSTALLED AND IF SO DOES THIS CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/48             01-Jun-97  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: rebirth 338

kilo

well I'm real pissed of actually, cos I downloaded the official demo release..whereas I had been using the beta....I downloaded it cos I wanted to test out the midi sync thing....which was not working with the alpha version..
anyhow....it wouldn't sync...so against my better judgement, I downloaded & installed thier special midi driver, which they said would guarantee that more than 2 programmes could comunicate .....so I nstalled it....and it did sync...but strangely, the rebirth hogged the audio drivers....so icouldn't get any audio from the sync'd programme.....that was the first bummer...cos i cant run the pc midi & h/d software outputing audio whilst the rebirth is up...
?
but then came the worst.....the midi drivers i installed proceeded to overide ant sysex sends so now I cant select sounds or worst....turn off internall sounds on the soundcard....absolute bummmer......so I went to rid the system of the driver....WHAT!!!,,,....they are not listed in the system......despite being installed & working they just do not appear in the "Sound,video & game controlller" section....DESPITE BEING INSTALLED THERE....

so thats as far as I got....my pc's midi system is fucked.....brillliant....anyhow, I emailed propellorheads with a grrrrrrrrrr email....now I'm real suspicious, cos NO programmes that are any good should do this.....I'm waiting for a reply...and hope I can sort it out.....

anyone else have problems with the programme hogging audio or the driver shagging the midi system???....I never had these problems with other programmes except for that bloody Koan rubbish !!!.....

Message 3/48             02-Jun-97  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: rebirth 338

kid303

THANKS FOR THE WARNING!! THINK I'LL STEER CLEAR UNTIL I HEAR THAT ALL IS OK.

Message 4/48             02-Jun-97  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: rebirth 338

kilo

ok....well I wrote the above reply from my mates machine over the other side of town....now it's moinday morning...I've been thru all the sysedot files...and manually deleted all the lines refering to the drivers......but...

Alot of newer users are not going to find this
....so I think it would be very wise for Steinberg/Propellorheads
to include an Uninstall.exe file so users can easily rid
the system of these drivers & the programme.....also
....why are these midi drivers invisible to the win system lists.....??
....now we just have these 2 problems...Rebirth will be a
complete failure if you cannot run other audio with it
......then we've got the midi screwing problem
....basically....it was overiding or diverting any
sysex data going from either the sysex writing
programmme, or sysex sent from the sequencer to the
DB50XG......these definately need sorting out I guess,
because whats the point of being able to clock the
rebirth to your programmme, if then you looose your vocal
audio , or whatever audio is needed....

So....I'd say....great little freebee programme for making some 303 lines and recording them to your sampler or dat......but you cannot seriously charge 200 quid for this unless these problems are sorted.....this is not a dig at proppelorheads alone.....But I just find it incredible that companies can release software with such rediculously obvious faults, and yet how can they not have seen this problem after a few test runs....especially simple stuff like the drivers not showing up in the system lists.....I just cant figure how no-one could have seen this........

Message 5/48             02-Jun-97  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: rebirth 338

kilo

well....I've calmed down a bit now.....so there ya go anyhow,,,,you cant have audio from rebirth & from the Midi & h/d software...so its record to .wav file if you want to add rebirth to your midi & audio tracks.......as for the dissapearing drivers....delete the file MIDLPBK.DLL from your windows system dir/folder......I think the best way to use this is to record the audio across to h/d or sampler...thing is then, with programmes like hammerhead giving you a proper dance drum sound, is the 200 quid worth it for a 303 software ??.....maybe there will be a cheaper one along....personally for the dosh, I'd rather have a hardware TSB-303 which are like soundwise the same, but about the same price....if only the rebirth was a bit cheaper...like around 100 quid would be ok...

Message 6/48             02-Jun-97  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: rebirth 338

kilo

unless that is, your soundcard supports directx...

Message 7/48             06-Jul-97  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: rebirth 338

kid303

So rebirth has been out officially now. Has anyone
bought the full product and can they give their opinion
on its worth and shortcomings?
The latest demo has an uninstall programme Kilo,so
they must have listened!!!!!
The price is £145 new,not £200.

Message 8/48             07-Jul-97  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: rebirth 338

here

test...1....2.....3.

Message 9/48             07-Jul-97  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: rebirth 338

david

When I got my hands on the full version I thught this is gonna be so cool. Strangely you have to have the disk in the drive when you start the program.
The Rhythm section sucks big time even if you put it through a compressor and an enhancer.
Kilo is correct in saying one should stream to disc.
The two 303s are great, What more can I say...

Message 10/48             07-Jul-97  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: rebirth 338

david

When I got my hands on the full version I thught this is gonna be so cool. Strangely you have to have the disk in the drive when you start the program.
The Rhythm section sucks big time even if you put it through a compressor and an enhancer.
Kilo is correct in saying one should stream to disc.
The two 303s are great, What more can I say...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 48 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)