aaa Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/47             16-Jun-97  @  09:53 PM   -   Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

jocke

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what would be the best choice of a virtual analogue synth, in average that is. The Roland JP-8000, Yamaha AN1x or Nordlead2? Has anyone tried these machines and being able to compare them?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/47             05-Sep-97  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Read Future Music Magazine for September 97.

Message 3/47             05-Sep-97  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Kilo

GUYs.....You gotta trust me here.........If you want analog modelling, There is another synth on the way soon........due out in the late autumn, that will piss on these......so wait a bit and see !!!......

Message 4/47             06-Sep-97  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

There is always something better coming. Whatever it is it is going to be expensive. At least it may end up dropping the price of the JP 8000 and Yamaha an1. This is kind of off the subject but how does the Roland XP-50 compare to the Yamaha and JP 8000. I've been thinking about buying one of them then today I saw a used XP-50. It was really nice. But I'm not sure.

Message 5/47             06-Sep-97  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

There is always something better coming. Whatever it is it is going to be expensive. At least it may end up dropping the price of the JP 8000 and Yamaha an1. This is kind of off the subject but how does the Roland XP-50 compare to the Yamaha and JP 8000. I've been thinking about buying one of them then today I saw a used XP-50. It was really nice. But I'm not sure.

Message 6/47             06-Sep-97  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

avene

Link?:  Link

What's that you're talking about Kilo, the new Korg, or the polyphonic Novation? Or is there another? I haven't heard the ANX1, but I've checked out the 8000, and I think it's a rip off. I doesn't sound that good either.

Message 7/47             07-Sep-97  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

Cllu

I´ve played with the an1x. Its really nice.

JP-8000 maximum two sounds: split or double
Knobs etc for everything, responding to midi, recordeable, arpegiator, delay

NORD Lead 2: Swedish synth  ))
4 outputs, 4 channels
knobs that resonds to midi, recordeable. 100 user, arpegiator

AN!X: ONe channel, sterro output, 8 asignable knobs. Lots of different sounds (samples). arpegiator, effects, reverb, chorus, variation.

The nord lead has got pretty hard and sharp sounds, becasue of its fm-filter. i dont know how it does the strings, but since the JP is supposed to do all the things that a juno can, the jp gotta to be good at that. But since the nord is like 4 different synthesizers in one the price/synth is the lowest. The an1x also has got 4 channels.. but they use the same output and all the sounds has to be played at the same time (not really, you can split it over different paths). If you already has a keyboard (that you like ;), remember that its only the nord that is avalible in rackform. The jp8000 is the sexiezzt one, it looks "old and analog".
About the xp50! Think of twice, hope you know what yer doing. It cannot be compared wtih these other synths.

bye bye

Björn

Message 8/47             07-Sep-97  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

cllu

Sorry, if forgot to tell ya.
What about the raven, or the raven+max? Or what about the orbit? if you buy that filtercontrolboard ot what its called it would be a good deal.

bye bye

Björn

Message 9/47             08-Sep-97  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

What is a filter control board? Are you saying that I might be more satisfied with the orbit sound module than the JP 8000, Yamaha an1 or the Roland XP-50.

Message 10/47             08-Sep-97  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: Virtual Analogue, JP-8000 vs Yamaha AN1X?

kilo

what about if i told you there was a new analog modelling synth coming out before christmas
with 8.... yes...8 part multimode, and 8...yes....8 outputs.....and...8....yes....8 seperate fx processors !!!......heh heh.......stay tuned & save your money !!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)