aaa SeerSystems Reality? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SeerSystems Reality?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             15-Jul-97  @  02:45 PM   -   SeerSystems Reality?

avene

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know much about this? It sounds pretty interesting.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             12-Aug-97  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

avene

Link?:  Link

Since posting this question, I've actually bought a copy of this software with an AWE64Gold to go with it..... I must say, this system is incredible. In my opinion it's better than the JP8000, K2000, CSx1, Trinity, K5000 and any other crappy synths on the market these days.

The sound quality is superb. It blew me away to hear the wicked sounds it produces coming from what is essentially a Soundblaster soundcard.......One of the best things about it though is the interface. It's just so easy to program great sounds...

It loads .WAV files very easily also. So, combined with a program like Cool Edit, it's one hell of a system.

I could go on for ever here....But I'd have to say - anyone with a PC looking to buy a synth or sampler such as a JP8000, S2000 or anything like that.........Forget it !...Buy this, It does everything and costs a lot less, even if you have to upgrade your PC.

One last thing.. One of the main designers is Dave Smith. This is the the guy who created the Sequential Prophets, the Korg Wavestation, and also practically invented MIDI.

Enuff said.

Message 3/18             06-Sep-97  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

hilevelt

It seems nice, but the lack of outputs and portability has
me worried (not to mention no resale value). Also, how are you doing as far as running
other apps simultaneously with it.

Message 4/18             06-Sep-97  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

hilevelt

me worried (not to mention no resale value). Also, how are you doing as far as running

Message 5/18             06-Sep-97  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

hilevelt

Message 6/18             06-Sep-97  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

hilevelt

Message 7/18             07-Sep-97  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

avene

Errr, I heard you the first time, but no, it goes off!.... Don't knock it... It's just software, so of course it doesn't have outs, but uses those of the soundcard. Unless you mean separate outs...I don't think it needs them, you can eq the sounds internally using notch filters and stuff which sound more drastic than the eq on my 1604vlz. The reverbs aren't perfect, but I don't use much reverb anyway, so that's not a problem..

As for portability...you could use a laptop I guess.... In regards to using it with other apps...I just use a sequencer and it works. If you wanted to use it with a HDR program, you could just get a second sound card...

Seriously though, think of the price, and what it offers...You get analog synthesis with sync, PWM, 4 oscillators, awesome filters, etc, etc, real FM synthesis which sounds great, a type of physical modelling, a wicked sampler that uses the memory of the computer (256mb???) and all in real time. I mean, what else offers all this in the one program?

Message 8/18             08-Sep-97  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

kilo

er.......HILEVELT mate.....no one else seems to have this problem of reposting several times........DO NOT RELOAD THE PAGE.........

Message 9/18             08-Sep-97  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

_

Anyone seen a warez copy of this?

Message 10/18             09-Sep-97  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

avene

I bloody hope not !!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)