aaa Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             22-Aug-97  @  03:14 AM   -   Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

vtracy1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ive seen the specs on the Pinnacle card by Turtle Beach and they look good. Though I have not heard of anyone actually using it. I also read a snippit from magazine about Turtle beach not having all of the software for accessing the synths done yet.
Does anyone know whats up with that?
Also, if anyone knows of a compairable card please let me know..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             22-Aug-97  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

KILO

check out the TERRETEC EWS-64......... sampler & synth lijke the Pinnacle, but also has S/PDIF a synth as well like the pinnacle, but comes with control & edit s/w.......also, you get a free bundle of Cubasis audio if that any use to you (you could pay & get it upgraded for less than buying Cubase from scratch)

Message 3/13             20-Sep-97  @  12:48 AM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

The Best Card is defently a Smple Cell ( 8! single outs)
just buy some BUDGET FXs Processors (Microverb 4 , etc.)
and a Waldorf 4 Pole Filer and a MACKIE 1202

...and you got it

Holger

PS: I think the Pinnacle is much better than the
Terratec Card (Kurzweil Synth).
Also TB Released a "new" Product the
"Pinnacle Studio" which has Patch editing software
included... Pinnacle users can now download the
Patch software for the Card and the Kurzweil
Synth sounds awesome! (Filter, FX)

The only disadvantage is the missing
single-out expansion....

So, i would buy a Sample Cell with external FX & FILTER (or an Yamaha A3000) ;)

Message 4/13             20-Sep-97  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

How much is a samplecell card/waldorf filter?

Message 5/13             20-Sep-97  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

er.........But Holger mate, samplecell is like really expensive, ....when you can get eaither the Darla with 8 outs as a busmaster for 300 quid, or up from there, the Gina with 8 outs plus s/pdif....(all on a breakout box for extra audio quietness for 500 quid....Both well under Samplecells price........

As for the Pinnacle, It IS a cool card without a doubt...I really rate Turtle cards, BUT...... it aint a full Kurzwiel synth or anything.....it is a good synth, but peeps, dont think you're getting a K-2000 on a card or something........

also, the Terratec has full editing s/w included when you buy....... It's a toss up between the two, but I go for the Terratec, cos it's got a European base.....and it's got a nifty control box which fits into the front of your PC in a H/D bay....with midi ports, headphone socket etc plus, the pinnacle uses crap stereo mini-jacks, which like with my tahiti means you are always replacing the mini-jack plugs as they start to cause faults easily (not the sockets on the card, the plugs you plug in)...whereas the Terratec has cool RCA phonos...one for each side of the two stereo in's & outs...and you get 4...yup 4 outputs, so with the Terratec, you can allocate a stereo pair for the sampler/synth, and still gain the bonus of an extra stereo 20 bit high quality output pair for all your PC hard disk audio, or use all 4 outs for the sampler & synth, .......Plus with Terratec you get s/pdif as standard....no extra payment..........and a free copy of cubasis audio.... I rest my case !!.

Message 6/13             21-Sep-97  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

The Gina or Dara or whatever is just an A/D Card and
can not be used as a Sampler....

You can only do multichannel recording/playback
(no multisamples etc.)

The Terratec is cool... yap - but the TB sounds
better and the new Editing Software is more professional
and does not look like a Toy...

The new Pinnacle has twice the Kurzweil Synth (64 Voices)
and when you pump it full with effects you have no loss of
Voices....

When you use many FX on the Terratec you loose Voices....

The Sample Cell is cheaper than a TB or Terratec, but you have crappy build in Filters.... but some quite nice FXs...

The Sample Cell is defently the professional choice !
(Soundforge Support, Recycle Support, CDs etc.)

Holger

Message 7/13             15-Dec-97  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

ralphkam

geez....
this boom vs boom is foxing me

i've been waiting to invest my money in either of the two, but i have no idea which one.

CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT EASY.

I just have money for one sound card. jack. thats it. no mare mackies or fx processors or squat.

just A sound card.
So? please pals, one simple statement. they are about 30C$ apart.
thanx, have a great year.

Message 8/13             16-Dec-97  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

kilo

well, I dunno what Holger is on about, cos the Terratec synth is 64 note poly...... er.... I have to say get the Terratec...... simply because it has better facilities, the addition of s/pdif, and the drivers are great....... I'va actually seen the thing clocking cubase, rebirth, and an audio file player simultaeneously.... no driver prob's.... also, Terratec work very closely with steinberg, so the onboard FX will be accessible thru cubase......

OK........ EDISON aint ready yet..... but this is a new product, and there's always delays with new products....... edison will complete this cards power to the max..... I have one shortlisted for the new year..... That's my opinion....... Turtle Pinnacle is a great card........ no problemo.... but I reckon the Terratec is better spec-wise... you get 4 extra outs..... 2 analog, and 2 digital...plus 2 midi outs... front panel socket connectors etc.......... just an opinion....

Message 9/13             17-Dec-97  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

giraff

OK, I bought my pinnacle second-hand and at the price I payed tt's one hell of a card (1/2 retail). I guess it's pretty easy to get hold of a pinnacle second-hand. I've connected it to my hi-fi and it's really smooth 8). It's great to record/playback sounds/samples and such; the synth however is pretty lame, but so are most digital synths that do not cost a bucket. Buy one cheap and you're there m8!

J.

Message 10/13             17-Dec-97  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: Is the Turtle Beach Pinnacle a good card?

pooface

Do these cards still work OK with games?

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)