aaa Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             02-Oct-97  @  08:15 PM   -   Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

Cake

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!
I'm actually using Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro and I have a lot of problems.

Firstly, driver problems w the AWE64Gold, secondly, this fucking software add everytime big noises like SCRITCHES and BRRRRRRRRES when I'm adding ActiveMovie FX or when I'm equalizing! AND I'M NOT SATURATING!!!!

Thirdly, the dealer told me (I shit on!):
"U can mix 16 audio channels w a P133 and 16MB RAM."

FUCK YOU!!!

I'm working w a p133, 64MB RAM and a SCSI "wide" HD and u know what?!? It's impossible to mix more than 5 channels (44,1 Khz) without losing a lot of sound quality. And Cakewalk add big holes without sound if u r reading tout much audio files at the same time.

I tested my processor w Norton Utils, and when I'm reading 2 tracks at the same time, my processor work at 100%.

For this price, Cakewalk is a big fucking pile of shit.

I don't know what about Cubase.

I'm looking 4 Logic Audio Pro by Emagic. Someone can tell me something about it?

ThanX!!!

Cake.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             02-Oct-97  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

KILO

calm down mate...what "Dealer" told you this then ??... 16 mb is the MINIMUM required simply to run win-95 effectively... secondly, you are blaming the software, but it may be the soundcard....I can get more tracks from a fucking dx-100 With 8 meg ram with a Tahiti card....

I sympathise with you, but you definately have combined PC & card problems by the sound of it... I suggest you get your pc seen to first, because I promise you I have had 8 tracks going on a DX-100 with 8 mb ram with win 3.1

or maybe Cake-6 is a pile of shit ??...... hmmmmmm seems odd tho'.....I cant understand what you mean when you say....it loses sound quality ??....

lastly, I'd add that quoted track specs for software is WITHOUT any realtime processing taking place, the soon as you add even ONE realtime fx, you loose several tracks...and yes, it's the same with logic..... or cubase... that's why I keep banging on about outboard mixing etc...... the fucking magazine adverts for stuff like VST etc would have you believe that you can run endless tracks, all happily real-timing eq, compressors, delays etc etc.... It's BS !!......

seriously mate, get your PC sorted before you decide.....do you have a scsi card capable of supporting WIDE scsi, cos without the proper card, the drive itself doesnt mean a hoot...... is it an old M'board PC with an upgraded chip ?...... what are the interupts for your scsi card & soundcard ?...... etc etc...

Message 3/24             03-Oct-97  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

Cake you knob sqautter!!!! Cannot believe you expect a high performance from such a shit setup!! Cakewalk rips over Logic and Cubase and I won't hear any differently!. I assume that in answer to Kilo's question that the poor quality when multitracking is actually a distorted clipping sound caused by (RTFM) a lack of velocity adjustments on your part to do some favours for the poor OLD (had it's day) processor with bugger all memory to keep it company!!. (takes a breath)

Well there are some problems with Cakewalk and certain sound cards but just wait and see!!, This company will rise above all those computer illiterate JOE STuDio's out there who can't manually adjust things like track velocity to get optimum gain for their tracks. Look matey b4 you go burnin a quality piece of software AT least get a computer that is supposed to run it well!!! If you wan't a dummy proof sytem then buy an Apple Mac with Cubase VST (Very Shit Tool) and possibly a new set of nappies along with someone to wipe your arse for you!

Message 4/24             03-Oct-97  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

Cake you knob sqautter!!!! Cannot believe you expect a high performance from such a shit setup!! Cakewalk rips over Logic and Cubase and I won't hear any differently!. I assume that in answer to Kilo's question that the poor quality when multitracking is actually a distorted clipping sound caused by (RTFM) a lack of velocity adjustments on your part to do some favours for the poor OLD (had it's day) processor with bugger all memory to keep it company!!. (takes a breath)

Well there are some problems with Cakewalk and certain sound cards but just wait and see!!, This company will rise above all those computer illiterate JOE STuDio's out there who can't manually adjust things like track velocity to get optimum gain for their tracks. Look matey b4 you go burnin a quality piece of software AT least get a computer that is supposed to run it well!!! If you wan't a dummy proof sytem then buy an Apple Mac with Cubase VST (Very Shit Tool) and possibly a new set of nappies along with someone to wipe your arse for you!

Message 5/24             03-Oct-97  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

kilo

whoooah.....hole up geezer !!... That's a bit harsh !!... the guy IS using 64 mb ram.....that should be enuff....... and a P133 should get him an easy 8 tracks...which for the price of the combined s/w and card is a cool figure..... there is a problem for sure....

Message 6/24             05-Oct-97  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

david

Cake
It's up to you, what you make of the sittuation vould make
you or break you!!!!
Firstly recomend you download the latest fullduplex
drivers from Creative Labs and install them..

Personally I own Cake Pro6.0, Cubase Audio XT 3.05,
Digital Orchestrator Plus, Cubase VST and a few other
packages and have found each of them to give hassles at some time or another yet when configured correctly
they do there thing.
On a P133 with so much Ram you should get a few tracks
running pretty well.
Should you still be sweating it out let me know I
have a freind who's very good with Cake and the AWE64
Combination...

David

Message 7/24             05-Oct-97  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

?

David,

I'd bet any money you leeched all those programs from that Korean etri FTP site, right? Yeah go on admit it, as if anyone would buy 4 different sequencers....and I can remember seeing all those programs up there around early September. Did you get the crack of VST Score or are you using the beta version? And I bet you probably got Sawplus32 1.8 and Samplitude also right? How about Wavelab, could you get the plug-ins to work?....please reply and give us the down low!

Message 8/24             06-Oct-97  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Kilo, as long as you're touting outboard FX, how do these sequencers do running multi-outs, as far as bussing and all that, esp. compared to SAW, CoolEdit Pro, or that emagic one?
I'm still running Cakewalk 4.0, but Steinberg's telling me they'll upgrade the Cubasis that came with my soundcard to VST for $200 (130 quid cheap). I hate to support those fucks, so how would an all-in-one compare to running my Cakewalk alongside CoolEdit Pro?

Message 9/24             06-Oct-97  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

kilo

right.....the word is..... Cubase VST, Cakewalk Pro Audio 6, SAWPlus, Samplitude, Coll-Edit Pro,....... all support multimedia drivers, so any soundcard that uses multimedia drivers is theoretically compatible, although some, (if worthwhile to the s/w house, have to be worked on to function correctly)...........theoretically, this means stuff like the Event cards will work with all these softs, but the s/w houses are waiting on the cards..........

Now, apparently, the Event holdup is due to a holdup with the new generation Motorola chips they use..... so I'd say, the alternative to taking Steinbergs kind offer, is to buy a full blown version of CW Pro Audio for about 300 quid !..... otherwise, go with cubase......

Look, we may have to wait awhile to get this stuff thru, but in the end, seperate outs with a mixer & outboard fx etc, is a killer..... whereas cpu realtime software processing seriously shags track rates etc unless you have a top top machine in which case, you'll still get a usable amount of tracks........at that price, I'd go with Cubase......

Message 10/24             07-Oct-97  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: Cakewalk 6.0 Audio Pro Deluxe...NO WAY!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Thanks, Kilo.
Here's the scoop: Steinberg ended up giving me VST for $99 (60 quid) as an upgrade to Cubasis (which came for free with my soundcard). She called it a "dongle" trade-up, which is a better deal than they'd initially offered because I'd hassled a little. I'm not sure if Europeans will be so privileged, but someone should find out and pass on the details to potential Terratec, Alesis, or Yamaha owners.
Event cards: We have them, because the company is an hour from my pad. Darla and Gina, that is. I would gladly trade a Darla for a DrumStation, an SH-101, or towards the new Novation synth when it comes. International trade to benefit both sides, I give what I get cheap, you give what you get cheap.

Also, I'm running 200mhz MMX with 32mb (soon 96mb). Do you still recommend a cache upgrade (256 to 512)? Before the ram upgrade?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)