aaa Sounds I need... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Sounds I need...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/53             20-Oct-97  @  07:19 PM   -   Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay, I'm looking for some sounds, so I was wondering if somebody knows where to get them/how to make'em myself.
First, that sound from "Ready or not, by the fugees. Any ideas on how to recreate it with some type of softsynth?
I need some good single-hit sounds for chemical-beats, and breakbeats, like the prodigy. Where can I get'em? I don't want to buy equipment for them, I was hoping there would be some site that has some.
Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/53             20-Oct-97  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

try hammerhead, they have brakes

try hammerhead, they have brakes

Message 3/53             21-Oct-97  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Avene

Link?:  Link

I'm not sure about that sound the Fugees use but I don't think it's a straight synth sound. It could be some effected orchestral sound. For drums they use an MPC3000, I know this because they hired mine when they were in Sydney last year- The easiest $800 I've ever made! I never got to meet them though, just the sony people.

Message 4/53             21-Oct-97  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

I have Hammerhead, it's pretty cool, but I'm tired of the samples. I'm looking for new ones, like the ones the Chemical Brothers or Death in Vegas use... Also some cool single hit-drum'n'bass samples would be greatly appreciated...

Message 5/53             21-Oct-97  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

I have Hammerhead, it's pretty cool, but I'm tired of the samples. I'm looking for new ones, like the ones the Chemical Brothers or Death in Vegas use... Also some cool single hit-drum'n'bass samples would be greatly appreciated...

Message 6/53             21-Oct-97  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Beans

i don't know the fugees sound you are after and am basically new to all of this but ( its just a thought ). Play the fugees sound into Cool Edit strip away all the crap surrounding it and save it as a wav etc. Then use making waves etc to recreate the sound.
If this is a really shit idea please tell me so as i am going to use
it when i get my soundcard going again.......

Message 7/53             21-Oct-97  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

DJ Phallus

It's a pretty good idea, but the problem is I don't have the song... I have it as an mp3, but I don't think the quality is up to much. And I don't won't to make it sound exactly the same, I want to give it a new character, but I'm really bad with all that oscillator stuff... I know the chord progression, so recreating the melody won't be that hard... Thanks anyway...
BTW, I could also use a good phat and usable bass-sound for hip hop songs. Any help appreciated!

Message 8/53             22-Oct-97  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Avene

Phallus, I've got a great bass sound for hip hop tracks in the samples bank at my site www.nettrade.com.au/avene/samples.htm I've used this on a stack of hip hop tracks and it works well. I actually got it from a Roots album. I added to the older set of samples a few days ago.

Message 9/53             22-Oct-97  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

Hilevelt

the jungle remix has a wide-open cut of the sound, go out and get it. Death in Vegas is really horrible live, but they're tailor made for America (kinda pathetic, really)

You shoulda charged those rich bastards more, Avene! BTW, a producer offered me an MPC3000 for 1,000 american the other day. he's got four. Only thing is, I really don't got time in my life to be learning a whole new sequencer. Thoughts?

Message 10/53             22-Oct-97  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Sounds I need...

DJ Phalus

I saw Death in Vegas live this summer, and they were kind of good. Not nearly as good as Reprazent, but still...
Where do I get this jungle mix? Is it on the single/maxi?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)