aaa H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O- - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             22-Oct-97  @  04:43 PM   -   H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

JOHNBALLS

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anybody know how to achieve the stuttering effect without programming volume controllers on and off.....'cos that doesn't work.
I'm using the EMU ESI-4000 sampler for vocal samples.....Does this have a facility?

HELP PLEASE!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             22-Oct-97  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

Mattias

Try to timestrech the sample verry much

Message 3/14             22-Oct-97  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

DeMoN

Just turn it off and on really quikly........hehehehe

Message 4/14             22-Oct-97  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

Ufo

What did I tell you?

Message 5/14             23-Oct-97  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

johnballs

ME again....

Switching the sound on and off just won't work.
It obviously needs to be time-stretched.

But how do you get the sampler to retrigger at different start points of the sample???? It's wrecking my head, not knowing how to achieve this effect.

Message 6/14             24-Oct-97  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

I've been trying to figure this out forever. I ended up buying a Peavey SP sampler, 'cause you can route a controller to start points in the sample. It's not the perfect solution I'd like, but it's better than nothing (good for live work, too)

Message 7/14             26-Oct-97  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

sergs

I didn't try it yet with my esi-32, but maybe sample start-point is a gr8 idea.
Also in SoundForge there is a gapper/snipper effect. It makes sort of that effect but not smooth enough.

Sergey http://midi.mosbusiness.ru

Message 8/14             26-Oct-97  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

sergs

Yes! Just tryed it on my ESi-32 (the sample-start trick) - very nice results!
100% Velocity to SAmpleStart,
0.15s Attack and Release in VCA envelope and no clicks! Just a smooth sound morphing ! I like it!

Sergey http://midi.mosbusiness.ru

Message 9/14             27-Oct-97  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

nimanda

there's an effect in the A3000 that does stuttering beautifully also if you have a lot of time on your hands you can cut (insert silence) out little pieces of the sample about 10000 times + and then you can accomplish a little more pride in your very own handmade sample. Þ)

Message 10/14             10-Nov-97  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: H-I-G-H-E-R- S-T-A-T-E- O-F- C-O-N-C-I-O-

Link2Bside

Lfo ...!squ wave!....!fastest rate!...!full blast TVA!...!simplicity!

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)