aaa what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ?? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             29-Oct-97  @  06:09 PM   -   what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well, I've got the N64.... and my kids got the Playstation......... so I can play em both... Just got Starfox yesterday.... not bad..... but the laser control is not as good as on the SNES......... (I also love me old sega megadrive....streets of rage 2...YES !!)....... but what's the votes ??.....

apparently according to a source who has just returned from Japan, the N64 is a bit of a no-no there, with not much interest..... playstation rulez apparently..... thoughts ?... Votes please ??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             30-Oct-97  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

brad

Heh heh heh . . .
PSX by far. There's just more innovative game producing (In my opinion).

----
Brad

Message 3/12             30-Oct-97  @  07:25 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Pirating over in Hong Kong was really strong in early PlayStation days, somewhat explaining it's success. Not to start anything up again, but that was definitely a case of the manufacturer leaking pirates to aid in main system sales (they were available way before games had hit stores).

Message 4/12             30-Oct-97  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

james_munro

Its gotto be the PSX by far. I mean, for a start you cant get Resident Evil for the N64. Probably the best game there is on the playstation for blowing off zombies heads.

Anyway back to music...

Message 5/12             30-Oct-97  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

Spot

I have the PSX, ive seen the N64, and to be honest i cant stand the thought of primitive out of date cartrages stck into a machine (takes me back to the old atari 2600 days)...Plus the games on the PSX usually have pretty good soundtracks which obvioussly run from the cd, wheras the n64........ plink plonk plinkity plonk!, and without bringing to many legalities into it (apparently) sony have announced that its cd manufacturers are to make the game CD`s slightley larger so that conventional ways of copying them will be ditched, as the playstation`s laser track can move slightly further back than normal...maybee so, but overall i rekon the PSX is still the strongest games console overall.

Message 6/12             30-Oct-97  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

Avene

Link?:  Link

I reckon Burgertime on my old Intellivision is better than any pissy Playstation or N64 game....Na, just joking there. Personally I can't paly those machines because I'm left handed which means I would naturally control the joy pad with my right hand and fire buttons with the left. Unfortunately both these machines have the controls the other way around which just throws me off completely.. Does anyone know if they make left handed controllers for either of these machines?

As for which is better, well I've been watching an awesome show on the music channel here called Cybernet or something like that..Out of all the games they've reviewed I'd have to say that the Playstation has better games.

Message 7/12             30-Oct-97  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

Chris Thomas

On balance, I think the PSX is the one for the moment.
The only real advangage that I can see in the N64 are the graphics, which as far as I have seen
are beter than the playstation. But having said that, its the game play thats important, and its not
like the graphics from the PSX are shite.

Message 8/12             02-Nov-97  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

Patrick

I like The psx. Resident Evil is kick ass. Avene, you still got that old intellivision,farout.

Message 9/12             02-Nov-97  @  06:55 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

kid303

The PC is still the best platform for games. If you think
Resident Evil is violent then play Blood on the PC..it
kills.Why pay £45 for Dark forces on the PSX when you
can pay £10 for the superior PC version.? Plus with
Quake 2 round the corner......

Message 10/12             03-Nov-97  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: what's best ?... N64 or Playstation ??

MAC rulez for Gamez !

Holger

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)