aaa samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             29-Oct-97  @  09:27 PM   -   samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiq

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

im a bit thick really and a bit peed of really too. Ive bought cubase VST, thinking that it is wicked which it is...... But Midi stuff fine and dandy i can mess around ive a db50xg, a novation basstaion and its all cool also dex to sample some tunes. The thing is i have stacks of samples and stuff like drum loops (drum+bass, hip Hop, House) and other sounds, i thought that VST with its audio stuff would allow me to do put in wavs and play loads back no problem. But what happens, I stick the samples in a track firstly they distort all the time and sound crap or if im sticking 2 or more in then you cant hear them at the same time.
It cant be my machine cuz althought not amazing now its a p200mmx 32mb ram 4.3gb hdd and a SB16 card so that sould be ample. I used to use a porgram called magix music maker on my 486 which allowed me to play 8 mono or 4 ster tracks at the same time for about 5 minutes in total it was really good never messed the samples and was really good only problem being no MIDI stuff which ment you could be very creative at all. Please help cus im really PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to write write write!!!!
cheers for great site KILO

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             30-Oct-97  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiq

please HEELLLPPPMMEEEEE

Message 3/13             30-Oct-97  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er, turn down the WAVE volume in your soundcard mixer dude.

Message 4/13             30-Oct-97  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not that i tried it, another other sug man?

Message 5/13             31-Oct-97  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo

yes......cubase.......... we've had alot of slagging from steinberg about illegal programmes etc......... but what about the users rights....... by coincidence, ALL the people I know with cubase VST or before straight cubase with audio, are or have experienced crippling problems..... What's the deal........

Message 6/13             31-Oct-97  @  11:35 AM   -   CUBASE VST SUX !!!!!

trade it in for logic 3, emagic are a bunch of pricks also, but at least their software works when it's not disabling your mouse.

Message 7/13             11-Nov-97  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quade

i must admit i.ve experienced the same problems with trying to play more than one sample in cubase and it does piss me off so what gives?????

Message 8/13             11-Nov-97  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo

well, generally, as you add each new track, the total volume rises.... I find that I have to turn down each track as i add one to get a correct total output..... (that's with a Tahiti)

Message 9/13             11-Nov-97  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrSkul

my impression is that most of these programs have implemented a hack to get hard disk recording to work with generic soundcards. the result is little or no headroom. kilo's suggestion is the only way i know to avoid clipping, but the damn things are so sensitive you gotta turn the individual track volumes way down. but then, doesn't this fuck up your SNR?

Message 10/13             11-Nov-97  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shad

I am using Cubase VST with a Gina and have absolutely no problems - in fact I could not live without VST - its bloody great - much more spontaneity than arranging on a sampler ( of course samplers can do some stuff better than a computer based sampling setup ). When you get to know the audio editor really well in VST you are set. I feel for those out there experiencing problems with VST. I am using a 200Mhz MMX with 64 MB and can have four full effects on on a full 9 stereo channels! I could try more but I don't need them.

shad

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)