aaa Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             29-Oct-97  @  10:25 PM   -   Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

Sedusa66

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, ok... Enough of all that bullshit.. Who likes it? Who thinks it sucks? I've been playing with the PCF, and now I kinda like it.. Some of the stuff sucks, lick it makes sounds on the higher patterns that sound like the noise my stereo makes right before I blow a speaker.. a little click .. But if I can get some good beep noises offa it. If I put the drums thru it and screw with it a little bit, I can make the drums sound like the speakers are inside a bucket - but I kinda like that. 1.5 has made my machine crash 3 times now, and it seems that sometimes when I press stop nothing happens, the pattern keeps repeating with abrupt stops in it, apparently at random, till I get one of those blue OE exception error screens (or something like that). The overall sound of the instruments has changed, in that 1.0 had a warmer sound, and the 1.5 version seems to have more high frequencies occuring - I played some of my old songs from 1.0 thru it, and the high frqs were vastly increased (In a bad way).. but I did have a good time throwing my old drum loops in the bucket!
Anyways, what do you guys think?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             30-Oct-97  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

rarb15rc.zip

...good...illegalities then...can some one tell me how to get past the insert cd post...thx...

Message 3/18             30-Oct-97  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

rodneyh

It hasn't made my machine crash yet.

I didn't notice a change in the frequencies of sounds. Is this with the PCF activated or something?

The PCF is a funny little beast, I had to go thru the examples in the manual before I could get any half decent sounds out of it when it's in band pass filter mode. But that's been my experience with other synths that have band or hi pass filters.

Rod.

Message 4/18             30-Oct-97  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

Sedusa66

The frequencies are changed even without the PCF activated I've found.. the overall sound of the actual instruments have changed.. The drums sound a bit weaker, and seem more prone to distort, and the sound is a bit tinnier and less warm.. Having never touched the Dance Music Holy Grail which is the 303 with my own two hands, this may be more like the true sound than the original.. But one of the things I liked about 1.0 was it's nice warm tone, inspiring me to lots of subtle brown harmonies (Maybe I shoulda spent more time screeching with it, tho) And hey.. I CHANGED THE POST SO WE COULD LOSE THE BS ABOUT THE CRACK... so let's not talk about it on this thread, ok?

Message 5/18             30-Oct-97  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

who am I?

Sorry Sedusa, I just gotta say that it cracks me up (no pun intended) that someones got an email address which is the same as the filename of the cracked version of Rebirth 1.5 and they can't get it to work.....pretty bloody hillarious if you ask me.

Message 6/18             30-Oct-97  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

mbiel

I've also noticed the thinner sound of 1.5...One other thing I've noted which hasn't been mentioned is the decay on the base drum is not as long. Maybe this has to do with the overall change in freq.

Message 7/18             31-Oct-97  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

...I am impatient...that's all...

...i got it to work after all...i was just being a spoiled brat and wanted someone to tell me how to get past something that i totally understand know...

Message 8/18             31-Oct-97  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

<°))))>{

Hey mr. Impatient! I'm curious to know how ya did it?

Message 9/18             31-Oct-97  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

patrick

Yall need to quite worring about it . buy a fucking 303 if ya don't like it. they go for a grand
every day on the 303 site. I don't understand why u would use those drum sounds anyway. There
are way better sounds on sampel cd's , fore that matter. 1.0 and 1.5 are fun! That new filter with
its ticks and shit are sonds from the past. I remember them. I acually like the sticks ,ticks and bells
. Remember the first release off TDI. These sounds don't compare but , they're still sticks and shit.
These were made to recreate the past on a computer ,if ya don't like um buy the reall thing.
I like my shit and I do have the reall thing. O well.

Message 10/18             31-Oct-97  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Rebirth1.5..Comments, not Legalities

kilo

I absolutely agree...... the drums are toilet....... ok for quick composition, but for Gods sake, you can use hammerhead, or a sampler, or loops etc etc etc........ the 303 part is ok for getting a 303 type sound...... a tad dated, but still usable.....in the right amounts and context....... but it can never ever replace a hardware unit for live work, or in fact for studiuo work where you can interact with the machine..........

I would say, that for all the pratting about, crashing, bad timing, strain and slownes when synced etc, for anothe 100 quid, you could buy a TBS-303 (check the review).... Martin makes them to order, they sound great....... or the FAT freebass is an ok unit too.....etc etc

for me, with current technology, and the inherent timing & interupt problems with PC systems the best way to use rebirth, is to file the audio to .WAV, then use it from hard disk, or small pasages from a sampler........

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)