aaa JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20             09-Dec-97  @  08:07 PM   -   JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

johnballs

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just to let you people know....I just got my hands on Event's GINA soundcard. I'm in work in Dublin and can't wait to try it out as soon as I get home at around 11:00pm tonight!!!!!!
I've been waiting for this card to come in from the States for almost 3 months now!
Has anybody else used this card yet??

I'll gladly let you know how I get on with it. The only thing is that I'm not using a top quality mic with my setup. Nor are my leads very good.....I haven't yet bought looms for the desk.

Does anybody want to buy an 8-buss, 24 channel automated Tascam M3700 mixing desk with meterbridge and stand? It's just too big for my room!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             09-Dec-97  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

kilo

excellent y' jammy sod !!!........ lets us know how it goes....

Message 3/20             10-Dec-97  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

Patrick

Ya, I just got my GINA in today myself. After a long
drawn out ordeal with the EWS 64 XL. This card would
not work for me at all. There was nothing anyone
could do about it. I ran the Echo tester on my system
it checked out ok so every thing should be good with
the "GINA". Anyway I hope the other EWS boys have
better luck! It's a killer concept.

Message 4/20             10-Dec-97  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

pmeehan

Patrick,

I had a similar experience to you. I tried to get my EWS64 XL to work satisfactorily with Cubase VST for about 3 weeks. I eventually returned it and bought a Gina, which I have had for about 6 weeks now. Great buy. I think I will have to buy a Layla when it comes out at the end of the month because it has 10 analogue input channels as opposed to the Ginas 2. I have 2 synths and a 309 which I would like to channel directly into VST.

Yes I agree the EWS64XL is an excellent concept, but its still got too many niggles.

JohnBalls,

Where in Dublin do you live? I am from Sutton, but I am currently in California ( will be home for an Irish Christmas - can't bloody wait). What type stuff are you producing?

Message 5/20             11-Dec-97  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

freestyle

And I'm from Limerick, working in Athlone....small world innit?

Message 6/20             11-Dec-97  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

johnballs

To PMeehan,

I'm from Glasnevin, only down the road really. I'm surprised to see that two replies to my message are from Irish guys. You asked what type o stuff I'm producing....I bought some kit to produce mainly dance music, but ultimately I intend using my setup as a writing tool for pop/R&B acts in Ireland and the UK. I was part of a failed boy band and I'm still determined to make my millions. Writing is where the money is anyhow.

What are you into? Are you on the music scene in California? Where are you in California? I spent last Christmas in San Francisco, so I can imagine how excited you must be about coming home! Have you ever heard of a female group in LA called Petroleum Jell????

How does VST work with the GINA card? I'm raging because I don't have any software to integrate midi and audio. I should be getting VST soon. Let me know what you're into and if you'll be producing when you come home.

Message 7/20             13-Dec-97  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

patrick

I have to say that this Gina card is fucking unreal.
I recorded some tracks with VST and Cakewalk. The sound
quality is fantastic. You'll have to hear it to belive it!!

Message 8/20             13-Dec-97  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

patrick

I have to say that this Gina card is fucking unreal.
I recorded some tracks with VST and Cakewalk. The sound
quality is fantastic. You'll have to hear it to belive it!!

Message 9/20             13-Dec-97  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

pmeehan

yip I agree, but I do get a little hiss - maybe my PC or maybe because I de-multiplex a few synths through my Mackie mixer into the Gina analogue in. I dunno,

anyone?

Message 10/20             13-Dec-97  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: JUST GOT MY HANDS ON EVENT GINA!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

err, um, I'm in LA, there's no Petroleum Jell as far as I've seen. And this isn't a jibe to cause friction, but if you guys hate us so bad to begin with, why do you even bother to come at all? We've got a huge gathering of English and Irish here in Venice, and they seem to get along fine.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)