aaa MC-505 on sale - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: MC-505 on sale

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/66             29-Jan-98  @  12:53 PM   -   MC-505 on sale

csg6031

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I was in my local proaudio/music shop this
morning,

And they had a roland MC-505 running some demos.
is it already available in UK Shops?.

It had some pretty convincing Drum & Bass demos in it.
But somehow I got this audio equivalent of 'painting by numbers' feeling.

Anyway for the interested, they asked fl 2400,-
for it as an introductionairy price. later it will
be fl 2900,-.
Divide these numbers by 3.5 to obtain the price in
UK pounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/66             29-Jan-98  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

but isnt that really the way the MC's are supposed to be??........ Anyhow, apparently, the synth/keyboard market is dead right now, so maybe the introductory offer will stay.....after all, look how fast the JP was reduced in price by 1/3rd......

Message 3/66             02-Feb-98  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

acid cat

Hi, I've just seen the MC-505 at my local synth store too; its AUD$2400. The only problem with it is that my massive norks kept getting in the way when I tried to operate the DBeam and messing up the resonance and cutoff frequency. The store owner said the MC 505 wasn't really made for grils anyway and that something like a casio or hammond would suit me better.
After I removed his testicles, I said..ok your probably right....so go play with your casio and I'll layby the MC 505 thanks.
Oh, yes, and the sydney harbour bridge is for sale....all you have to do is send me an original TB303 and its yours.....

Message 4/66             02-Feb-98  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Joe Mama

DAmn, I'd pay some good AUD's to see those babies...But
with norks aside, I thought I'd never say that but, how does it sound? The FX's, the part mixer, other D-beam controls?

Message 5/66             02-Feb-98  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Retail us will be $1600, but even cooler is the sp-808 sample workstation, which is kind of and mpc meets a groovebox with 4 faders and a d-beam. It's really ugly, but only lists for $1700.

Message 6/66             03-Feb-98  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kid303

Sounds like a very expensive toy to me,do you get a
free teletubby with each one?

Message 7/66             03-Feb-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

kilo

I just wanna say........any of the kit already released can get you great tunes....... lets be careful about this......the new such-and-such is 128 note poly.....25,000 mb ram 120 million Gb's hard drive space etc etc.......er.....overkill??....who the fuck uses 128 notes per beat in dance music..or any music for that matter......gimme a cheap old sampler.....a couple of cheap analogs, any digital synth, a 1040 with cubase, and a DAT....I'm happy........the rest is iceing to me...... not that it's not enjoyable...but it's not that important

Message 8/66             03-Feb-98  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Joe mAMA

So Hilevelt, what do you thing the selling price will be? Plus, with the Sp808, on Rolands page it says the seq is 2000 events, if I'm not mistaken. What kind of workstation is that?

Message 9/66             07-Feb-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

The namm show was last weekend, and those prices I gave are out of the retail book. Since Roland is discounted pretty good, it should cost around an mpc street. 'course, used mc303's are selling for less than $300 now; don't think even Kilo can deny that it's worth at least that much. I still love mine, despite my k2, matrix, and cakewalk.

Message 10/66             08-Feb-98  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: MC-505 on sale

andegenhardt

hello - seems like roland gear is real pricey in the us and uk. the mc5050 has been for sale in japan for something like a month,and it sells for 140,000 yen, somthing like 11,000$.its much begger than the 303, so its not as easy to send overseas, but if anyones interested, to obtain one form Japan, please e-mail me. -Anrei Iizuka

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)