aaa Best Drum Box for Jungle? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             12-Mar-98  @  04:44 AM   -   Best Drum Box for Jungle?

deker

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can someone please enlighten me as to which drum
box is best for programming hard jungle/drum+bass
a la Goldie, Aphex Twin, etc.. I really must know
how these guys get the drum sounds they do.Thanks
in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             12-Mar-98  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

midi

There's no drum machne for instant jungle. Sampling is the keyword for that awesome beats.
Take a 909bassdrum, mix in some gated reverb add some distortion and compress with slow attack and large ratio. Same goes for snares. Then mix in a drumloop or two et voila. Something like the new Ronald groovesampler or akai S01 S20 will do. I use a S2000 with BossFX and a Behringer compressor

Message 3/12             12-Mar-98  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

iskross

The best drumbox for these type of things is called "jazz-funk-soul-drummer". This gizmo is a rythmic mastermind in a black housing with two strange sticks going mad on a few skinns. This might be hard to find but when you do, hurry to sample it....

-Marcus

Message 4/12             13-Mar-98  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

Missile Warhead VX-15 (http://www.armyklan.nl/)

Lo, just wanted to note that a lot of New Skool Drum and Bass IS actually done with a drum machine. Since the birth of the standard drum and bass rhythm loop (you know the one that goes 00 Bassdrum - 04 Snaredrum - 10 Bassdrum - 12 Snaredrum); everyone is concentrating on other stuff instead of the breaks. Just listen to Jonny L, Ed Rush etc... so now someone answer this question again! What IS the best drumbox for this kind of shit?!?

Message 5/12             14-Mar-98  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

Avene

Link?:  Link

Hehehehe, the Ronald groovesampler, hehe, where do ya get it, McDonalds???

Message 6/12             14-Mar-98  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

ivan

Hey Marcus!

I got one of those but how do I integrate it into my MIDI
setup? I can't figure out where to put the MIDI cables.
It also seems stuck in heavy groove quantisation.

Message 7/12             14-Mar-98  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

iskross

Yes Ivan....
That's one of the main problemn with this device.
Try the Kenton retrofit....
It'll give you MIDI control of both feet and both hands, plus several extras as Soul-To-MIDI and ModWheel controlled jazz-factor.
Good Luck!

-Marcus

Message 9/12             16-Mar-98  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

rodney

I agree a sampler is the best way to go.
Drum'n'bass mainly developed from experimentation with sampler time-stretching of beats didn't it?

Plus you want a wide variety of different hard snare and hi-hat sounds.

An Ensonique ASR-X or and AKAI MPC 2000 or 3000 would be great as these are intended as drum sampler/sequencers.

Message 10/12             17-Mar-98  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Best Drum Box for Jungle?

ivan

I saw a unit for orchestral sequencing the other day.
It was a black unit with two moving arms, one with a stick in it. I think it was called "Conductor" or something like that. Does it use something like that D-Beam thing for controlling the synth part or what? I couldn't see any cables.

They are a bit expensive though, if you want the whole kit..

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)