aaa SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             03-Apr-98  @  03:05 PM   -   SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

KILO

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Regarding the ESI V S-2000 thang........hold up tho....... the ASR-x now comes with scsi and the dance expansion board AS STANDARD !!..... and it's around for less than a K....... c'mon.... it's gotta be a better option than the ESI fer fucks sake....... plus it'll read .wav files...&. midi-files...ALL YOU NEED is a cheap scsi card...(or with a P2 ASUS board you get a scsi controller built in !!)..... and you get a docking workstation.... with ability to read akai S-1000/1100 cdroms from your pc drive...archive, edit and manage .WAV samples & midifiles to & from the ASR-X........ and you geta 24 mb full synth section. with res' filters, Lfo's envelopes etc etc...... 2 multi-fx processors........ FULL resampling of EVERY setting.....EVEN OF INCOMING AUDIO.... including any midi loops that are playing from the sequencer, complete with ALL controller moves, AND FX realtime moves as well........ I CANNOT see it being beaten... plus..... it can plug into your pc for day to day use... and then un-dock for live gigs..... are you mad to still think of any of the other 2 ??...., where SCSI is option... synthesis & filters is option..... NO resampling... NO synth.. NO playable pads... NO sequencer........ NO FX.... etc etc..... you people must be nutz to ignore it.......read the ASR-X page again.... then remeber the price is LESS than a K now in the Uk..... and the scsi & dance-board are INCLUDED !!!!!!!!!...........

the way i see it..... it's a superior sampler with all the stuff included that the others make you pay extra for....... AND you geta 26mb rom synth, excellent sequencer for live gigs and 2 FX units AND playable pads..... thrown in as well for nowt !!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             05-Apr-98  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

bob

obviously you don't know shit...superior sampling ?!?! Why do you think there was the huge price drop ? It's shit...I work professionally and the overwhelming consensus is that it's shit. The sequencer sucks. How about 99 tracks with real-time muting w/ pads on the Mpc ? Why are Mpc's holding their value ? I'd love to hear some of the boring tracks you fuckers are releasing when you aren't progging html. As for your boner on the re-sampling thing ... ever hear of a DAT ??

Message 3/11             05-Apr-98  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

daniel

hey bob, are you nervous or something? it's just a sampler.

AND it's not the machine you use that will make good music - this things alone remain in silence - the most important thing is not WHAT but WHO!

keep happy and groovin'

Message 4/11             05-Apr-98  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

Houseman

If you are working professionally in a studio, then I really doubt that you are using 99 tracks with the real-time muting. More than likely, you are using a computer for sequencing. The X and the MPC have their own strengths--there should be no arguement about that. So why bother!!

As for the price drop. If you are a company trying to create a nitch in a new market, you are going to be as competitive as possible. Dropping your price to create a better deal than your competitors is par for the course. I'm surprised that your professional persona didn't figure this one out.

Message 5/11             05-Apr-98  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

> As for your boner on the re-sampling thing ... ever hear of a DAT ??

Let's see.

MPC-2000 $1300 US
Sony PCM R-300 DAT $ 700 US

Total $2000 US

ASR-X w/resampling $1600 US ---> list price.

Message 6/11             05-Apr-98  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

> As for your boner on the re-sampling thing ... ever hear of a DAT ??

Let's see.

MPC-2000 $1300 US Sony PCM R-300 DAT $ 700 US

Total $2000 US

ASR-X w/resampling $1600 US ---> list price.

And you get: a FAR superior sequencer and a real-live DAT.

Message 7/11             05-Apr-98  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

bob

I replaced Logic on the Mac (which I now use solely as a front-end for PT III) w/ the MPC. It's MUCH tighter. BTW I usually use the 3000 as it has 4 midi outs and nested loops within song mode.

houseman: I am a professional artist NOT a used-car salesman. They dropped the price because IT AINT SELLING WELL ! It's such a step down from the ASR-10, which although it had a shitty sequencer, had far better synthesis abilities.

AND if every one has a computer then they know theres no reason to need re-sampling on a sampler.....

Message 8/11             06-Apr-98  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

ac

um....this may sound irrelevent but ASUS P2 motherboards come in a number of varieties.... check www.ASUS.com.tw kilo......on-board SCSI is an option, not a standard as you stated above Kilo. Sorry.

Message 9/11             06-Apr-98  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

MPC's have real-time track muting, like an MMT-8?

Message 10/11             06-Apr-98  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: SAMPLER ?..... CHECK THE ASR-X AGAIN - NOW !!

yup

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)