aaa DHR Fans? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: DHR Fans?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             22-Apr-98  @  08:45 PM   -   DHR Fans?

Destroy2k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I was just wondering if there were ne DHR fans who made music similar to dhr shit (ATR, EC8OR, SHIZUO, BOMB20, ect.) who use this place.
If u dont know what I am talking about then This doesn't apply 2 u.

l8er
D2k

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             23-Apr-98  @  06:20 AM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Hell yeah!!! My roommate actually interviewed Alec Empire for a couple of magazines, and then they took us along with Shizuo and Ec8or to the "Museum of Death" in San Diego. David and Franzi from Shizuo liked my car (a Chevy Lumina w/ automatic opening doors)

Man, that new chick is so fuckin' hot!!!

Message 3/17             23-Apr-98  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

V'ger

DHR is pretty good stuff, ATR especially. I intend to start making music of this sort in two or three more paychecks (that's always a factor, isn't it?). I want to play live, which could be a challenge here in Nowhere, Texas. I'd like to hear more from others into this stuff.
People always ask me what kind of music I like and when I say "Atari Teenage Riot" their eyes glaze over with ignorance. If it's not Matchbox 20esque, they don't wanna know.

Message 4/17             23-Apr-98  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

X

I actually made a lot of DHR-style songs but my speaker broke because of the distortion... =] Now I'll try to create my own style of music, as should everyone... but I still listen to DHR stuff a lot... It's strange that everyone always talks about ATR when Alec Empire's solo albums at DHR are far better (musically and technically). Heh, especially Hana (that's her name right?) sounds kinda silly when she can't keep up with the beat...

Message 5/17             24-Apr-98  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

MrSkul

i like the off-tempo vocal stuff, besides, it's a hardcore thing (old-old skool)

first time i heard ATR my jaw hit the floor. it was then that i knew there still was a future for heavy music (all the old forms seem to have stagnated...)

Message 6/17             24-Apr-98  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

MrsSkull

Thats it I'm leaving you. You used to like such sweet soul music.

Message 7/17             24-Apr-98  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

skul

sorry babe, i was just pretending. besides, 'number of the beast' was always your song...

Message 8/17             24-Apr-98  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

destroy2k

Cool, I am glad I got so many responses.
The chicks name, from ATR is Hanin, her EP called Show is not that great (In my opinion) Alecs solo stuff is great, but a lot of it lacks some of the guitars and vocals that ATR has. In my opinion, I can get into songs much more if they have heavy vocals. Ne way this is phat,
if u guys r not already on it u should join the ATR mailing list. We (the list) talk about all DHR not only ATR, thats why it should really be called the DHR list.

l8er,
D2K

Message 9/17             24-Apr-98  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

MrsSkul

Skul babe I'm a comin home...talk to me like a beast...ggggggggrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!

Message 10/17             26-Apr-98  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: DHR Fans?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

No, not that fuckin' fat-ass Hanin bitch, that new half-Asian whatever hottie they got running the back line in the shows!

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)