aaa guns - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: guns

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  04:59 AM   -   guns

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just saw a trailer for Michael Moore's new movie "Bowling for Columbine." It's all about guns in America and it got me thinking. Why are guns such a problem in America? How 'sacred' is the second amendment?

Personally, I don't think guns serve any purpose but to kill. You can target shoot without lethal potential and you can kill animals without firepower. I don't like the government telling us what we can and cannot own, but I really don't see the need for guns in any society.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do we need guns? Would it make a noticeable social impact to outlaw guns? I think it may... more than waiting for the average American psyche to evolve.

Quoting Linda Richomond, "Twalk amongst yahselves"

I love the smell of stirred shit.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 101/147             22-Oct-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: guns

mr. mysterious

Link?:  No link

ha! gun kultcha proppa in effekt yaŽll!

i mean, you cant be a propper junglist without a get, rat-ta-ta-tat!

just taking the piss really. thats really sad. how the hell can you support guns?

Message 102/147             22-Oct-02  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: guns

Luciferenda

sweetheart I never supported the shooting, and I AIN'T no Jungalist eder....

I support the RIGHT, the Right to protect myself, among other things. I don't support Violence. Big difference.
:o)

Message 103/147             22-Oct-02  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: guns

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Cheddar....

WROOONNNNNGGG!!!!!!!!
People kill people.
A gun or a knife do not just get up off the table and just kill somebody in the fucking room for shits and giggles. They don't. Sorry, they don't. It just doesn't happen like that. The fact that you and others here can't accept the human weakness in the equation simply makes your arguments more moot.

Less gun deaths in England? Less deaths in England. It's a smaller country. How many stabbings? There's a LOT more violent and personal way of killing someone. Got a few of those I'll bet!!!! There aren't less murders per capita in England, just gun related, and then so what? It's nicer to be bludgeoned to death? More sporting? Oh sorry, poisoned, much classier.

The problem does not lie in the tools. It's in the people. That's the facts. GET OVER IT!!!

You cannot argue it with figures or statistics, or neo-spiritual hypothetical bullshit. People are the problem. So take your anti-gun fear/anger displacement bullshit and and put it to use making better music. WHAT THE FUCK!?!??!

Ape

Message 104/147             22-Oct-02  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: guns

mr. mysterious

luciferenda, i wasnt talking about you in the first place.

Message 105/147             22-Oct-02  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: guns

Luciferenda

otay, then ma bad.

Message 106/147             22-Oct-02  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: guns

GT

minuscule? -i'm sure you can do better, mmkay?

Yes, it seems English born people have more class and common courtesy, which usually drives a spirit of docility (knife stabbing aside). So much though for those imported types.

Notwithstanding firearms, Here's your British justice with concern to home invasion.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-
1067515,00.html

aye england, once might and superciliously bold, she has reduced herself to banal liberality only superceded by the Continent in which it wishes to align itself.

Message 107/147             22-Oct-02  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: guns

marianimal

Psylichon, you equate idealism with not killing. Sure, that's one form of idealism, but there are other kinds. I can think of several native American tribes, the Hopi come to mind first, who have what I would definitely call an idealistic world view and hopes that humanity will evolve spiritually. And in these cultures, killing is understood as part of life, and treated as something to be done when necessary, with respect. Maybe humanity will evolve to a state where we no longer need to sustain our lives by taking other lives, but I don't see how at this point, not in these bodies. Even spinach and rice and beans are alive in the ground when they're growing, and we take that life by eating it. So it's just a matter of where you draw the line. I personally believe a person needs to pay attention and be responsible, make the right choice at the right time. For me it's not a matter of "it says here thou shalt not kill", it's a matter of, here is my life now, decide what I am going to do each moment and handle the consequences. I imagine that if I ever decide I need a gun and my owning one is no longer protected by the US constitution, I'll be an outlaw then; for me it's not about loyalty to the constitution anyway. It's about having the ability to defend myself or someone else, and if someone doesn't want to see me exercising that ability, then they shouldn't attack me. :-)

Message 108/147             22-Oct-02  @  03:04 AM   -   RE: guns

influx

man fuckin Marianimal just comes along and irons the whole damn thing out. you go girl!

hey luciferenda (I keep wanting to call you referendum!!!!)

Im in OC too...dunno what RECON is but if its the DnB night in Fullerton where all the little kiddies come and act all hard and gangster like..>BLECH! PTOOEY!

but...you dig breaks, too? ever get up to boombox?

Message 109/147             22-Oct-02  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: guns

Luciferenda

no shit?! trip out

ya, RECON is the one in Fullerton. I don't go alot, but when I do, it's only cuz my friend runs it. Yes I LOVE me some breaks. Haven't made it up to Boombox yet, but I get the mails for it all the time. On the SocalBreaks list.

Agree with influx...mari straight laid it out nicely. Touche'

Message 110/147             22-Oct-02  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: guns

influx

do you post there? (SoCal Breaks?)...if so..whats your handle there?

we should meet up some time!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

There are 147 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)