aaa Studio Pikzz - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Studio Pikzz

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  03:10 PM     Edit: 11-Nov-03  |  06:13 PM   -   Studio Pikzz

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Here finally with shite digital camera- new setup! Don't ask about that fucking door it pisses me off too- studio area is in a basement and that's where you turn on the water lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 101/393             18-Nov-03  @  07:24 PM     Edit: 18-Nov-03  |  07:44 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Frankly it boggles my mind why 'frat boys' would not be considered the kind of people that would be in something 'creative' or 'underground' (or whatever elitist prerequisite you can think of) such as electronic music. (at least that's what I taste from that last remark, forgive me my mistake if I was wrong)

I was in both an American fraternity (had a great time with those boys) and I joined a similar student society here in the Netherlands: the kind of society where only suits and ties are allowed inside of the building...shoud I sell my sampler, my novations and my machinedrum now?

Message 102/393             18-Nov-03  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

influx

oh come on dude, dont be so fcking sensitive.

the "type" that "usually" is attracted to fraternity life isnt the "type" that usually ends up as an electronic musician.

in the states...MOST frats are just about partying, testosterone fueled "jock" behavior

OF COURSE there are differences, but individualism is not something usually fostered in a fraternity or sorority environment.

nothing I said even remotely resembled "sell your stuff youre not worthy" at all!

Message 103/393             18-Nov-03  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

pict

Link?:  No link

"FOOD FIGHT!!!!"

Message 104/393             18-Nov-03  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

influx

ayup. food fight indeed

seriously, bas...my comments werent meant as an insult...not toward you (had no idea) or Darin...

but...my experience with frats is what it is, and isnt all that uncommon. Yours and or DZ's might have been different

Message 105/393             19-Nov-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

steve

what's the point of frats anyway?

other than the homoerotic bonding thing anyway.

Message 106/393             19-Nov-03  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Defector Z

As I said, my experience was not stereotypical. You need to remember that there are thousands of fraternitys out there, with hundreds of thousands of INDIVIDUALS in them. Yes, there are plenty of examples of the "jock" fraternity, there are the "prep-y" fraternities, there are even the "nerdy" fraternities. There are also fraternities filled with guys of varying backgrounds who develop a friendship and bond that is bigger than ourselves. It's a group of people who have similar interests and goals, and are looking to be a part of an organization that actually means something to them. For some people, this organization is about womanizing and getting drunk/stoned, but for others, it helps to develop character and skills. I chaired NUMEROUS committee's, and held executive offices. I wasn't drunk all the time. And I wasn't chasing birds all the time.

Fraternities vary from one campus to another. At Syracuse we were your "average Joe's" who enjoyed the benefits of being in the Greek system. It would take too long to explain what they are, but there ARE benefits. We drank together, went to bars together, we played video games, we had study groups, we organized, participated and supported MANY various philanthropic endevours - more so than 90% of the non-Greek student body. I had MANY "friends" outside of my fraternity, more friends than brothers, but my brothers are the ones I still hang out with and communicate with.

It's always difficult to explain to people what my experience was like. If you weren't part of it, and you don't want to accept that there are GOOD things about being in a fraternity, you will never understand. You need to get all of your prejudices out of your head, because for every jackass fraternity "type", there is one guy who doesn't fit that mold. You need to get off your prejudicial high-horses. It's funny how people take different routes to get to the same place.

Message 107/393             19-Nov-03  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

influx

mines a low-horse, DZ.

I think I acknowledge the possibility of variance, no? yes.

Message 108/393             19-Nov-03  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

pict

The idea of being in a fraternity is anathema to me.

Different strokes and all that.

Message 109/393             19-Nov-03  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

Defector Z

"DZ...somehow not surprised abot the frat thing

how DID you get into electronic music, anyway?"

This does not appear to acknowledge the possibility of variance with much fervor. Don't try to put me into a nice neat little box.

Message 110/393             19-Nov-03  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: Studio Pikzz

man called clay

Don't try to put me into a nice neat little box.......

WELL def Z.....then don't go in your studio!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40

There are 393 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)