aaa Clones - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Clones

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 02-Dec-98  @  09:26 PM   -   Clones

Diego

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anyone who can't tell the difference between a real 303 and the 303 emulations
shouldn't be making music in the first place.

Grow some fuckin ears!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             03-Dec-98  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Clones

cyborg0

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yes, the tb303 is pretty dead.. I have heard many good trax without it..
And, about the whole "can tell a 303,etc " yknow what the real difference is from a tb303 and a clone is? well.. generally, the clones are made to better tolerances!
I mean, two tb303s dont sound alike cuz they were made so crappy, so how the hell do you expect to find a tb303 that sounds exactly like a clone? or how do you find a tb303 that sounds like a tb303 for that matter?!?
Marketing... well, the ems synthi a sounds just like a 303, why didnt those become more popular?
well, mainly cuz the damn things were overpriced (as is most of novations buggy crap is today)

The tb303 would have remained a joke had it not been for the drastic price drop.. It was like "well, for 100 bux, what the hell? I need a synth to go with my 808 I bought for 300 bux and I cant afford a midi synth so...
I know this was the case, I am old enough to have been there in Chicago right after the whole breakdancing craze.. 808s and 303s were about worthless, every pawn and music shop had at least 1 of each...
I know of a place called musiclab in lansing IL that had a roland expo back in 88 and were raffling off 303s.. they had about 15 of em, and some of the ppl who won them didnt want them and gave em back or tried to trade them for distortion pedals and shit!
rob

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)