aaa FR-777 :The tb-303 killer? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

11-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 11-Mar-99  @  10:01 AM   -   FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

dan303

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I just got done listening to some some realaudio files of the FutureRetro-777 anlogue mono-synth and I was quite impressed. I was just wondering if any users of the 777 can give me some details on this synth, like if it is worth it? Is the 303 sound fully intact? 'Cause from the realaudio files this thing sounds awesome and plus some 32+ knobs(I think), midi, sequencer,effects, etc....it sounds like a winner.....Hope to hear from some 777 users....Thanks....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             14-Mar-99  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

ReZo-99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I bet I know who wrote that. Anyway as far as the sequencer on the 777, its very simple. Its like this, you have 16 buttons for each of the 16 steps, right? Well, if you want to change the note on the 5th step, simply press button 5 and change the note. If you want to add an accent to the 7th step, press button number 7 and press accent. Pretty simple, huh? Very easy and user friendly. You can also change your notes and accents and stuff while the sequencer is playing, which really helps alot. I guess Im not saying that the 777 sequencer is better, though it is easier, than the TB-303 but I guess what I meant to say is that each sequencer has its own unique way to sequence your patterns and once you learn how to sequence both of 'em, then I guess they're both really simple. They just take a little getting used to thats all. Being that I own a FR-777 and a TB-303, I just thought you might want to hear my 2 cents. :~)

ReZo-99

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)