aaa fruity loops professional enough? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: fruity loops professional enough?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Mar-02  @  11:52 AM   -   fruity loops professional enough?

Microbeat

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i use fruity loops to create my drum loops. some peeps say it's like a software version of the akai mpc drum machine. what do users think of fruity loops and does anyone know of producers that have used this on any records-is fruity loops professional enough?

ta
pip

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             01-May-02  @  06:30 AM   -   RE: fruity loops professional enough?

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yeah, I mentioned the fruity vsti thing a while back... It looks nice... I've been a supporter for awhile...

For those of you who aren't up to speed with the Fruity of the last few years, heres a rundown:

VST and DX compatible, ASIO (with really good latency, I get about 8ms with SBLIVE hacked drivers, on a good day), tons of included synths and fx, (3 delays, compressor,granular synth/sampler, 3osc synth, ts404, mdapiano and epiano, buzzmachine compatible, an fm synth, soundfont player, internal beatslicer,formula (math) controller, peak controller, chorus, 3 filters, phaser, reverbs, phase inverter, flanger,scratcher, 2 eq's, x-y controller etc etc etc) LAYERED channels (tidys things up), channel groups, you can finally assign drums up and down the keys, multiple outs (as of 3.5)...

Piano roll for all samples so you can get a groove (no more sticky 16th note step sequencing, unless you want to)... all kinds of crazy ways to automate (knob to knob, knob to volume peak, knob to lfo, knob to math formula, knob to midi apreg... whatever....),

Its all very fast and cpu friendly, great tutorials.... and very intuitive, once you get used to working in the environment made for software, as opposed to hardware (ie, reason, which seems rather silly to me, emulating hardware...)

Anyway, it's not a "pro" track per se, but you can check out my track "kind of automated", which was done almost completely in fruity (i sampled a juno).

People have had a stigma about it and stayed away for awhile, but its come leaps and bounds since then... especially when you consider its FREE updates (about 1 every 6 months, sometimes more) which are usually STUFFED with new things and you get those FOREVER... Once you buy it, thats it.... Great fucking deal....

Anyway, if you havent tried it in a while, give it a shot... You'll be surprised.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)