aaa engineers... help me! - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: engineers... help me!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  05:38 PM     Edit: 12-Dec-02  |  05:40 PM   -   engineers... help me!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

OK, here's the drill. I am coming to the final stages of arranging my latest track, and feel that I am ready to start learning the secrets of good mixing/engineering.

I have 32 tracks of audio, and my first observation is the feeling of crowding between the sounds of the track. Don't get me wrong, they are in the right place but they do not have enough breathing space to really stand out.

Now, I know one of the tricks to giving your sounds their own space, is to shelve the sounds so that only the necessary frequencies remain. While this sounds simple, I know there will be more to it. Any ideas??? Also, all of my sounds have been compressed to fit in their given space, but are there any other alterations to the dynamics of the sounds that I should be applying?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             13-Dec-02  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: engineers... help me!

Steve Webster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Steve, what you doing? You have the exs24 mk ii I believe. Use the filters man. They rock. That way you can use them to give everything their own space.

Kick - Lo pass.

Hats, loops and stuff - hi pass.

Bongos, Perc - band pass.

Its much easier to get your sounds right before using any eq. Filters are eq's and should be used first.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)