aaa Wiring leads. - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Wiring leads.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 13-May-05  @  10:48 PM   -   Wiring leads.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Tonight I was trying to convert a balanced 1/4 inch jack to 1/4 inch jack lead into a 1/4 inch jack to xlr lead. It was the first time I have ever done this. I was told by the tech officer that I should snip off the jack and then soulder the red wire (hot) to pin 1, the bare wire (screen) to pin 2 and then the white wire (cold) to pin 3. I did this exactly as he said but when I took it home and ran it from the control room out of my mixer to my speakers the signal was unbelievably low, almost to the point where it was unhearable. Now I have looked on the back of my speakers and there is a small piece of text saying Balanced Input : Pin1= Ground, Pin 2= +Ve, Pin 3= -Ve. Does this mean that I should swap numbers 1 and 2 around? Very greatful for any replies, thanks

Lloyd

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             16-May-05  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Wiring leads.

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

yeah man, totally not worth it to skimp on leads to your monitors. It is literally the last link in the chain, and can ruin everything else before it if not done properly. Probably worth a few bucks to get a proper cable. Besides, you could really be fucking up your amps at the moment.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)