aaa some amazing stuff - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: some amazing stuff

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Mar-10  @  01:43 AM   -   some amazing stuff

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

watched an interview with a physicist yesterday. he said that only days ago german scientists
successfully made a 3D object become invisible. what i didn't know is that scientists were
able to make a flat object become invisible but prior to a few days ago they couldn't do it with a
3D object.

he pointed out the next thing is something out of the star trek transporter room. scientists are
able to transport photons a distance of 600 meters. they're now focused on transporting
atoms to the space station. makes me wonder how transporter technology will play into
soccer matches. off sides anyone? would make for a lot less running anyway.

and finally he spoke about time travel. he said it is possible theoretically but at this time our
technology is not there. it would take a machine of enormous and impractical size to
accomplish the task. he said they believe it will be possible in about 200 years. but here's
what's funny. he said it's possible that our descendants will be able to time travel so if
someone knocks on your door and introduces herself as your great great great great great
great grand daughter don't be so quick to slam the door in her face. there's a mind fuck for us
all.

think about it though. not too long ago we believed the world was flat and the best synth for
trance was the virus. i still love the supernova but that's just me.

are there going to be bouncers equipped to kick out people who transported into a techno
concert without a ticket? all of the technology foiled by an ink stamp on the back of your hand.
which btw reminds me...i've never washed my hands after a night with a woman or after
getting ink stamped after a night at a concert. but again, that's just me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             08-Apr-10  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: some amazing stuff

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Musineer Productions wrote:

Nasty: A long time. Clearing out all the crap Id accumulated, or rather the missus had (ahem), was a seemingly endless process. In the last hours before the drive to Gatwick I was bagging and chucking all sorts of stuff (too many old fourtrack cassettes to re-record, so they were consigned to their moment in time). The flight itself, after a mad drive of nearly 200 miles, was easy -- I was asleep before we took off and snoozed most of the way.

Sitar: Its lovely.

Ive been working with my lass to get an income through our business, Freelancealot.co.uk, which only required a computer, Internet access, and us. We think weve now managed it. As long as we can connet to the web we can do our work, so it doesnt matter where we connect. Our clients are from lots of different countries. Grenada is hot and dry and friendly. The sea is as clear as bathwater without bubbles (before you get in). Ive discovered that cocktails are actually quite tasty, cocoa pods are a bit odd, snorkelling is a laugh, and rum can be ludicrously strong. If I knew any of this before Im in no doubt about it now. Been here a month; hope to stay much longer.

My Icy Box isnt recognised by this W7 Vaio however, so I dont have access to my tune-brewing kit yet. I have started playing music the primitive way again, you know, twanging strings and stuff, and Im enjoying it.

I rise with the sun at about six, work till two or three in the afternoon, spend three hours enjoying the beach and sea, another three working, scoff Mahi Mahi if possible, arse about, and go to bed.

If this is a midlife crisis I want another next year!

damn! sounds idyllic! i've got family on the island as it goes.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)