aaa awe64: why it's better than gina & ews64 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: awe64: why it's better than gina & ews64

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-97  @  09:57 AM   -   awe64: why it's better than gina & ews64

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Tonight I was on the phone with a real pro guy that sets up composers here in Hollywood, who's got a new take on the awe64.

Apparently, he considers the awe64 to be a superior card in the sub-$1000 level, due to the low irq & dma use, and that this contributes to substantially lower time lag, glitching, or zipper effect. Rating it just below $3000 SoundScape and Spectral systems, he claims that I'll have no problem utilizing difficult sequencing prob's like audio mixing and real-time eq's, due to the proper type of dsp which the gina doesn't have.

does this fly with everybody here? I could give a rat's ass about on-board sampling and filters, I just want proper audio sequencing.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             11-Nov-97  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: awe64: why it's better than gina & ews64

quade

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just bought a awe64 gold, i know how to load wav's on to the sound card but i dont know how to play them onto a sequencer or can you? i've just aquired VST, it also seems that i cant play more than one wav at a time can anyone help????

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)