aaa Help!! What kit to get next....... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Help!! What kit to get next.......

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-98  @  05:03 PM   -   Help!! What kit to get next.......

ghylander

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Ok guys and gals...please share your wealth of
knowledge! So far my kit is comprised of...Cyrex
200+ 40 megs o' RAM Cakewalk Home studio, DB50XG,
XG Edit, Making Waves, wavesurgeon and all the
other share/freeware/demos on the net. My tax returns are coming in soon (about $1100)US and I am racking mybrain on what kit to get next. I recently went to a full hardware studio and was quite impressed with hardware in general. I want to twiddle knobs! But I don't want to limit myself. I'm into making techno, trance,Drum n Bass, breakbeats,Ambient .I like it all! So with all this in mind what do you think? .I also want to do some live stuff...But I don't mid hauling the ol PC, PS I still don't have a keyboard for my DB50XG so that is still on the list...Here's what I've been debating......

1. Quasimidi 309 (plenty of knobs to twiddle)and a cheap midi keyboard for the DB50...won't I still need a mixer tho?
2. R8, mixer,maybe a Fat fb-383 or a SH-101 plus the cheapo keyboard
3. get the steinberg dancepack for VST and rebirth/cycle and a sampler...will a keyboard sampler work with the DB50?

Anybody got any experience with the 309??????????

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             18-Feb-98  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Help!! What kit to get next.......

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

er.... only one rom card at a time on the R8, ...... 4 at once on the R8 rack....... i dunno about the q-80 tho, but it's specs seem fine for live and studio work....... if you think the R8 is the machine for you, go for it...... mackies are well cool...... my mate just got one, and he's raving about the quality.... so It aint just hype....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)