aaa Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Feb-98  @  02:23 PM   -   Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

dm230

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm using the MIDISynth on my AWE 64 Gold soundcard to produce drumloops. Having created
these loops with a MIDI sequencer, I'd then like to turn the loop into a sample so that I can
apply effects, timestretch it etc. I've thought of running the sequencer and a sample editor
simultaneously, running line out to line in and trying to capture the sound. But surely the
soundcard's output is ultimately a single digital signal in itself, which could be turned into a
sample without the need for it to go back into the waveIn plug? ANyone know of any software
that does this?

Cheers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             06-May-98  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

astroman96

The "File\Utilities\Export Audio to Wave" function in Cakewalk only exports your digital audio tracks to wave. Your midi output is left out of the mix. Its a good tool for saving disk space and getting more digital audio tracks out of your system. So... Im still in search of a way to render my midi output from my db50xg to wave. I've just about given up. Maybe I'll look around for that Audio Composer. Thanks.

Message 12/12             06-May-98  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Can you render soundcard MIDI output to wave?

astroman96

I just looked at Audio Composer. It looks like a cool program... but not really what Im looking for. It just takes wave files off your hard disk and substitutes them for your midi instruments. Its more or less a soft synth. What Im looking for is something that will take the actual wavetable sounds off my db50xg and render them to a wave file. I give up... I think its impossible... with my setup at least. Thanks though.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)