aaa Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Apr-98  @  08:52 PM   -   Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

unity69

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

First of all I'd like to thank mr.Kilo for this marvellous chat area once again. Isn't he just a brilliant guy inventing an area like this?

I've got KORG 01/W and CUBASE VST. I would like to set up effects in 01/W from the VST screen for each tune differently. How is it done? Does it have something to do with these studiodrivers and mixermaps?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             24-Apr-98  @  08:04 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

kilo

Link?:  No link

well, i nearly had it again on the mmx 200...... on one of the machines i bunged in a tsb card with a tsenglabs ts6000 chip.... you can turn off the que-buffering thing with a system ini command.... then i set it to less colours....and yes.... it did it.....i tell you... i had a 2 bar 16th drum loop going in time !!!.... then it went away.....weird.....i thought i'd cracked it....it seems to be odd.... well. I'll have another crack at the P2 system & amd system.... and report back....

Message 12/12             24-Apr-98  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: Controllin' my synths effects from VST, how?

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Yeah, yesterday I was using the arpeggiator and it somehow shut off the midi out's right in the middle of recording the line! The guy I was working with was screaming, and me just frustrated as fuck. After 2 minutes of trying to solve it I simply restarted Cubase and it was perfect! (BTW, that's the #1 studio tip you can ever tell someone: just turn it off. Kid you not, from ProTools to especially analog equip and mixers; with analog it has something to do with sending that burst through the lines)

Another syncing quirk: don't even bother trying to run Cubase and Rebirth simultaneously if you're tweaking lines and use the audio side of Cubase. The midi stays good, though.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)