aaa any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  07:33 PM   -   any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

trance

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

anyone have any tips on how to beef up the synth sounds because most of them are very cheesey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             16-Jun-00  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

0/d

Link?:  Link

Use effects such as flange and phase to bring up the sounds a bit,you can get some excellent results if you double the preset effect settings on it but it chews up the polyphony so if you are using the Rm1x on it own you'll be stuck.Also add reverb to every thing espeacially the drums(even add a bit of flange with no offset to fatten up your kick drums),the toms sound excellent when they are saturated by reverb but once again it will gobble up a lot of notes.You'll probably find your own ways to get the sounds you want of it after experimenting and playing about for a few months.If have a certain sound or voice you want to beef up descibe it and i'll see what I can do for you.

Zero D

Message 12/12             20-Jun-00  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: any tips on how to beef up rm1-x synth sounds

Peden

Link?:  No link

One of my faves is to use Buzz bass and Dog bass (I think it is), with distortion, and a dry, short reverb. A little chorus or flange can also help, if you keep the LFO freq. fairly high, and the feedback on a minimum. This will give you a sort of distorted 303 sound, that is very hype in England at the moment. Try and play with decay-settings and portamento as well. I certainly can't complain with its sounds. I mean, it was made primarily as a sequencer. That it has some rather useful sounds is really a plus.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)