aaa Am I a nerd or what? - Theory / composition / technique forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Am I a nerd or what?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 29-Dec-00  @  06:08 AM   -   Am I a nerd or what?

pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I asked for the orchestral score to the nutcracker suite for my birthday, so I can learn all of the various aprts, and why they work together. How much of a geek is that?

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             08-Jan-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Am I a nerd or what?

an electronic musician

Link?:  No link

I recommend getting the purpose maker EP by jeff mills and enjoy it,fuck all that medeievil crap,cause in dance music all you need to learn is GROOVE.

Message 12/12             13-Jan-01  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Am I a nerd or what?

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Jeff does great stuff, but even he will admit that there is quite a bit beyond dance music to be studied. You think Mills did't listen to Latin music or classical at all, or gospel or anything else? You think he was just chillin with Mike and Juan one day and all of a sudden just stuck his hand up his ass and pulled all that music out of it? Nah, dude. He rode on the shulders of giants, as I am trying to, and as you should try.

Thanks for the tips. Bach is genius as well, but I'm not there yet.

Ape

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)