aaa Putting music together (total sequencing) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Putting music together (total sequencing)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 03-Mar-99  @  04:31 PM   -   Putting music together (total sequencing)

pedicelli

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Alright, presently, I have my computer with an SB16, Rebirth 2.01, Cakewalk Audio Pro 6.0, Cubase VST 3.553, Fasttracker II, a Roland MCR-8 MIDI Controller, and my Korg Prophecy.

Now making tracks with Rebirth is easy shit...no problem with that, but when I wanna invoke my Prophecy or some other samples like from Fasttracker II, that can't be done....

I've tried to layer Rebirth patterns in Cakewalk as audio and then layer Prophecy lead lines, but the quality is shit...

Then what I started doing was making the Rebirth patterns .XI's so that I could put them into Fasttracker. Then in Cakewalk I set the metromone, and play a Prophecy pattern, record it in MIDI, then play the MIDI so that I can record the WAVE, then convert the WAVE to XI for Fasttracker, and there ya go...

But this takes a bitch of a time to do with all these bloody conversions and syncs just so everything can fit together nicely...it works, but it's too teadious.

What I wanna know is what you guys do.....what's the best method for recording stuff? Maybe I've got too much of a limiting soundcard, that's why I always have to do these weird things...I'd appreciate help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             25-Mar-99  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Putting music together (total sequencing)

squalcho

Woops...didn't mean to say Cakewalk. Meant to say CuBase. CuBase syncs with ReBirth through ReWire. OK. I can go now.

©hrisFader

Message 12/12             25-Mar-99  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Putting music together (total sequencing)

squalcho

Woops...didn't mean to say Cakewalk. Meant to say CuBase. CuBase syncs with ReBirth through ReWire. OK. I can go now.

©hrisFader

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)