aaa CD-Decks - Deejay & deejay kit forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: CD-Decks

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  12:10 AM   -   CD-Decks

Moujik

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

A post on the Music Tech forum got me thinking about how I'm missing DJing - but so I can include some of my own stuff, I figure CD is the way to go.

Anyway, I'm planning on picking up some CD-decks 2nd hand, but need some suggestions of what to look for.

Thanks in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             05-Apr-01  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: CD-Decks

f_a_b

Link?:  No link

Well, to someone who's probably been working with vinyl for a long time now, I can understand how CD decks would seem rather foriegn. CD decks are very well suited to me though. Vinyl seems so indefinite and unpredictable, while cds are the opposite really. Not that you can do everything with CDs that you can with vinyl, but im not a big fan of scratching and backspins have a limited potential for entertainment...

Much respect to those who are good at scratching...just not my thing

my point is, CD decks are better for me...ive been using computers all my life, not turntables...

and i think that djing with cd decks has just as much potential for really good mixing, just no back spins or scratching, but im not much for tricks anyway...

later

FAB

Message 12/12             06-Apr-01  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: CD-Decks

Jon

Link?: Link

I'm a mix,tricks,scratch boy myself, but I see what you mean, they're valid comments. However, CD are jus simply no fun atall in a club. Unless you're talking Pontins obcourse!

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)