aaa levels of different channels...? - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: levels of different channels...?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Dec-02  @  05:25 PM   -   levels of different channels...?

Spank!

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I used to believe that the kick drum had to be the highest peak in the mix, but it caused so much listening fatigue. Lately, I've been experimenting with different levels for everything and it's going ok(ish), but I was wondering about where each channel should be peaking? I mean, there are no hard/fast rules for this kind of thing, but there must be a few guidelines for me to follow?

Right now, I've got my kicks just loud enough to be heard in the mix, but generally where should things be peaking? All level?

And don't say 'use your ears!'

Spank!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             11-Dec-02  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: levels of different channels...?

BJT

Link?:  No link

I have one complaint about sound engineers. A few friends of mine (in bands) have had there stuff done by mastering engineers for promo CDs. They were far from impressed. Infact one friend had this promo CD that was totally screwed by bad mixing, it made the band sound very crap indeed.

Message 12/12             11-Dec-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: levels of different channels...?

milan

Link?: Link

sure, happens all the time. my friends have this band where i have sort of a remote-engineer role, telling them what gear to get, how to use it, how to improve their sound etc, and they are now getting better results on their own than in any demo studio they previously recorded at. in fact, other people are now chasing *them* to record their projects. hehe... makes me proud, kinda  

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)