aaa how noisy should they be? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: how noisy should they be?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jun-05  @  09:55 PM   -   how noisy should they be?

daf

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hiya
ive bought some behringer 2030a active monitors. bought then without hearing then first. just wondering, how much noise should they be making (any?) when theres no audio signal passing thru? theyre humming in a way that is distracting. they also seem to be picking up something from somewhere....is this normal for [cheap/behringer] active monitors??

anyone got any of these? whats yrs like?

any help much appreciated

cheers

daf

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             22-Jun-05  @  08:14 AM   -   RE: how noisy should they be?

Zazza

Link?:  No link

So TFT monitors make hum... ewwwww.. what can you do about that then? Shielding?

Message 12/12             23-Jun-05  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: how noisy should they be?

Influx

Link?: Link

dunno how to kill it, but with my setup, I eliminated the patchbay (neutrik balanced) and the hum was greatly reduced

still there...

dunno. drives me fuckin nuts.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)