aaa Vista - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Vista

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Feb-07  @  04:29 PM   -   Vista

Musineer Productions

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Anyone using Vista yet?

I've just been reading a report that states that Vista can check for AND NEGATE any dodgy software on your computer! Not just Microsoft stuff, but any unlicensed software. Not, of course, that this would cause me any personal worries, but it seems to be a serious infringement of our rights. Can Vista also check any confidential files I might have, such as work in progress and client lists etc?

If any of you PC fanatics can poo poo this with authority please do so.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             02-Mar-07  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Vista

nme

Link?: Link

I had an interesting chat with one of MS guys today, there a strategic partner to the company I work for, anyhow the unofficial line re vista & which I am sure comes as little surprise to all of you, is, give it time to roll out worldwide & undergo the rigours of the 'real world' which is where the 'real' issues will arise & any problems/issues will be addressed.

If XP or another operating system is doing the job adequately, wait until at least until 1 possibly 2 sevice packs have been released before delving in!

(my own take on this was. let somebody else 'guinea pig' it for you!)

Message 12/12             15-Mar-07  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: Vista

craig

Link?: Link

I'm running it on the lappy I'm typing this on. I think the interface inhancements are nice. It's stable as far as I can tell.

The bad is the same bad we had from 3.1 to 95, and from 9x to 2000/XP.. If the drivers aren't there for your hardware, don't upgrade.

It runs Flex Builder, Adobe/Macromedia studio, cold fusion, office, etc fine. The dashboard widgets are actually useful, as opposed to OS-X.

The bad news is there's no dirvers for my sound card yet, so I'm dual booting on my home machine.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)