aaa Motu Ultralite Users - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Motu Ultralite Users

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Apr-07  @  11:03 AM   -   Motu Ultralite Users

We Are Phunc

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Does anyone else use an ultralite? I've recently moved from a desktop with a Motu 24 i/o to a macbook with ultralite with SX. On playback the sound is going all over the place, constantly popping and breaking. It briefly mentions this in the manuals but basically just blames the harddrive and says you will have errors........but this is a brand new mac and the £30 soundblaster has no problems!

If anyone has any advice on settings to change please let me know!

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             14-May-07  @  05:38 PM   -   RE: Motu Ultralite Users

k

Link?:  Link

um sounds ok.. as someone said elsewhere, the most irritating thing is the presets have cryptic names, and you need a list to refer to so as to know which cryptic name ='s which emulation

the issue for me is practicality of running many instances. I dont see the point in liquidmix being able to do that only with a wizzo fast machine cos then you migth as well use native plugs if you can get the sound u want from natives, i feel the liquid should be 50% on sounds it can get and 50% a lifesaver for those with less PC power who need hardware fx processing for larger mixes AND want good sounds

so far I'm not so convinced by it's ability to do large track counts at anything but very high latency. Also, you can really use it while tracking cos at the lowest it goes the latency is not able to support live playing THRU the device, hence it's probably better for trad guitar music mixing, but I feel that for electronic music the way something is eq'd and compressed VERY much effects how you play it in realtime, and you dont wanna add processing and eq and mix at the end, you want it on as you work and build and frequencies intereact and effect each other

for that it's a no no cos the lowest latency is still high, but u get that with Duende too apparently, so unless you go TDM is there a solution at all? (dunno how low those UAD cards go on latency)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/12             21-May-07  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Motu Ultralite Users

We Are Phunc

Link?: Link

yea played with the buffer settings, little to no difference. Basically the yank at Motu just blamed it on using Bootcamp. Until I get Logic for Mac I won't be able to disprove this theory. Its still all over the place really, sounds complete crap

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)