aaa Reality Banks - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Reality Banks

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Oct-97  @  01:39 PM   -   Reality Banks

Dreed

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Sorry to be a musical Lamer, but what are these Reality Banks..How do you use them, and with what equipment....Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             25-Nov-97  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

freestyle

Link?:  No link

I've got a few posts to answer, so here goes :

Hilevelt,
If you're after drum'n'bass / jungle breaks, try http://remote.ticfin.com. There's more than enough there to keep you happy.

Hilevelt (again),
If you're using a program like CD Worx or CDDA to 'rip' the audio, then yo're getting it pure from the CD - no D/A-A/D conversion involved. However, if you're just pressing play + then record in your favourite editor, it's going to go through the conversion process. You can get both CD Worx and CDDA on the 'net as they're both shareware. There's only one caveat to this - some CD players can output digital audio, and some soundcards have internal digital ins. However, the chances of you having one of them is slim.

kilo,
If you want me to write a couple of articles for computer novices, I'd be glad to (it's my area of expertise). Just leave a message in this thread and I'll get back to you.

later...

Message 12/12             25-Nov-97  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Reality Banks

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Thanks a lot, Freestyle, I'll give those programs a shot. A computer novice section would be great, too.

Avene, I was kidding about the didj! I hear what you mean about jungle and hip-hop, but I'm always after real squirrelly, kinda tweaky sounding stuff, or aggressive hits and basses. ie more hard-steppin' kinda sounds as opposed to the mellower drum 'n bass stuff that uses Rhodes, uprights, and the lot like hip-hop

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)