aaa memory mods and scsi max's for the ultra's - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: memory mods and scsi max's for the ultra's

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 05-Feb-01  @  09:58 AM   -   memory mods and scsi max's for the ultra's

opus636

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

now if i remember right. it is only possible to add 2 = 4 or 16 or 64meg ram chips for memory! is that right? and do the ram chips have to have all of the ram on one side of the 72 pin chip??? and so far i have not found any place that tells me what the max GIGS for the internal scsi hard drive is! will i need a special scsi cord inside of the ultra? in order to save money! what is the type of scsi speed for the ultras? and lastly the really stoopid question. is there lotsa space inside so i can mount the hard drive with velcro? velcro is buddha!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             29-Jun-01  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: memory mods and scsi max's for the ultra's

opus

Link?: Link

thanx brett.

Message 12/13             01-Jul-01  @  06:41 AM   -   RE: memory mods and scsi max's for the ultra's

influx

Link?:  Link

Hey Opus...

18 meg max. IDE is WAY faster in the ultras, and you can back from IDE to SCSI (say if you had a zip or jaz on your scsi bus in you computer but an internal IDE drive in your sampler you could go from the HD in the sampler to a backup device on the SCSI bus as long as its emu format)

as for the RAM..you can add flash RAM that is non-volatile so you can store sounds there, and yeah, you can use 64 meg chips but I dont know if your sampler will see the stuff you have (roller says he doesnt think Emus see double sided RAM)

how about...try it?

Message 13/13             05-Jul-01  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: memory mods and scsi max's for the ultra's

roller8

Link?: Link

Yeah, I tried some double sided 16 mb chips and it only saw 8 mb per chip. So I'm not positive but pretty certain only single sided works fully. It's a common problem I used to see on PCs too. Recognizing only half of double sided ram that is.

As for the hard drive. I should be receiving mine today or tomorrow at which point I'm gonna work the power cord issue out myself. I'll post here how it goes... $30 for a 3 inch power cable? I don't think so Emu... At least, I hope not.  

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)