aaa Tell me about your XT! Please! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 31-Dec-99  @  11:49 AM   -   Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello XT users. I am considering adding an XT to my studio but I do not have access to one to hear and play for myself. I am not a newbie, but as far as VA's go, I am new to it. Can any of you offer some opinions on what it does well and what it doesn't do well? Also, if you happen to have some wav or MP3 files of just the sounds from it, you can send them to the address above. I am really interested in hearing what it sounds like. I have heard the Virus before and like it as well, and if I don't like the XT sounds, I may opt for a Virus A. Thanks peeps!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             05-Jan-00  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Nobody - I just checked out the song and I would give it a listen, if you haven't already. Very cool. It's actually pretty amazing considering he used one synth module for that song. I am actually pretty impressed with the sound of the module. I would not have thought that you could get any percussive type sounds out of it but they are very good. The distorsion seems pretty convincing as well as full bodied, and some of the voices really cut through - very up front and in your face. I might have to give novamusik a call...:-) I am really just looking for a lead synth that will require 2 stereo outs and capable of making some wacked out sounds. This sounds like the one...

Message 12/13             05-Jan-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

nobody

Link?:  Link

actually i did listen to it. cool stuff. brain movie music, good description of his..i thought the end was getting very interesting & then he had to make it stop.

Message 13/13             12-Jan-00  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Tell me about your XT! Please!

Defector_Z

Well, the XT is in the mail and I am waiting...

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)