aaa Knob Prob. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Knob Prob.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-Mar-00  @  02:00 PM   -   Knob Prob.

lurker

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just got my 303 at a vintage shop in Tokyo (the shop has one more if anybody's interested). It's generally in great condition and I'm very happy, but there is a bit of a problem with the ENV MOD knob. When tweaking, of course, rotating the knob gives the desired effect, but moving the knob in other directions (say to the left, right, in or out) is unavoidable. If, for example, while tweaking, the knob gets pushed to the left a little, I get additional unwanted noise and the ENV MOD level seems to temorarily go to zero. After further experimention, I found that if I hold it to the right side and tweak at the same time, the problem disappears. Has anyone encountered this problem before and/or know what to do about it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             21-Apr-00  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Knob Prob.

trevor

Link?:  Link

AAARGHH!

Guess what.. the env mod knob in my 303 has packed up now!

What's happened is that the rotating plastic part inside has actually eventually spliced the three little tracks leading from the carbon tracks to the metal contacts. Probably impossible to repair! I could try conductive paint, but this would be worn away very quickly.

God, I dunno what to do - apparently, Roland don't have them. So, anyone got any tips? It is a 1meg pot.

Looks like I may have to hack one in... shit!

Trev (rather upset)

Message 12/13             22-Apr-00  @  12:50 PM   -   nob Prob.

MR T LOVES 303

Link?:  No link

What's happened is that the rotating plastic part inside has actually eventually spliced the three little tracks leading from the carbon tracks to the metal contacts. Probably impossible to repair! I could try conductive paint, but this would be worn away very quickly.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, ONLY I SPLICED THE TRACKS WITH A ROLLING PIN.

Message 13/13             23-Apr-00  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: Knob Prob.

trevor

Link?:  Link

Not very wise, are you?

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)