aaa poping when retrigering bass sample - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: poping when retrigering bass sample

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  01:53 AM   -   poping when retrigering bass sample

Brett B

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I have never been able to figure out how to keep the pop from appreing when the filter is open and you retriger a deep bass sample before the end of the previous. It does it on my emu and now it's doing it in the Reason NN19. I had made all these great pre-sets from sampling my mks-80 and juno, but they have the same problem. I played with the filter envelop but nothing seems to cure it. Even changes the start of the sample and pulled back on the amp envelop attack. Anyone even over come this.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             05-Mar-02  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: poping when retrigering bass sample

damballah

Link?: Link

yeah, POPING. it's kinda like BISHOPING, but louder.

Message 12/13             05-Mar-02  @  10:41 PM     Edit: 05-Mar-02  |  10:47 PM   -   RE: poping when retrigering bass sample

panama

If your not layering basses, just zoom in on the mono waveform and use a volume tool to make a quick slope (up or down) depending on where the pop is.

I have this problem with the Juno-106. When I gate or use a short decay, I get an annoying pop. So, I just use the volume tool visually once everything is recorded and manually create envelopes the synth couldn't achieve.

Message 13/13             07-Mar-02  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: poping when retrigering bass sample

Brett B

that could take all day on a complex riff with filter changes going on all the way through the track. I knew it had be a zero crossing issue. It's slicing the audio before the zero and thus the pop. If they could write the software to sustain until it passes the zero and then cuts the pop would be gone. Well that's my theory and I think it could be done with and os modification. But could the hardware support such analysis while still playing. The waldorfs did a buch of stuff I didn't like. I sold mine, I never could get used to those velocity sensing knobs. That is the stupidist invention I have ever seend. They jump all over the place when you tweek them. Anyway, thanks Nomad!

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)