aaa Trance Track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Trance Track

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  01:30 PM   -   Trance Track

DjMik

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

New track for a project we've been working on.. Comments pls..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             19-Apr-02  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Trance Track

DjMik

Link?:  No link

All kinds of comments are welcome of course! The bad ones are usually the most helpful and constructive. Just keep in mind, this in NOT a "Dj Mik" track..   As my own tracks tend to be bit more progressive. This is for a group i've been working with. Thanks for listening!

Message 12/13             19-Apr-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

espoo2

Please go back and do something about that bassline. Music has moved on and left you. Not that I am the most progressive of producers, but that is basically music by numbers.

I listened to "Storm in Mind" or whatever, too. It DOES sound well produced, but why not try something new? There is a bit of good trance out there, but this stuff sounds cookie cutter/trance by numbers. Lots of people make fun of trance on this site and that is why: alot of people in the genre tend to make music that sounds exactly the same, with the same pretentious over-emotional songs with the same over-emotional presets.

This probably sounds harsher than I meant it to be. What I am saying is, you've got the production skills down, now apply it in a creative way.

Message 13/13             21-Apr-02  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Trance Track

DjMik

Most of the old AND NEW trance tracks have that same old simple bass"line" on the offbeat with maybe few extra notes here and there. But you're right, it quickly gets annoying. I tried a little more groovy bassline on this one too but it didn't sound very good to me. Or maybe I'm too lazy or something.   I guess I should try to force myself to do something different for a change..

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)