aaa AMD XP CPU Hits the Wall! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AMD XP CPU Hits the Wall!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 13-May-03  @  02:46 PM     Edit: 13-May-03  |  02:47 PM   -   AMD XP CPU Hits the Wall!

dARKSTATe

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Well... finally it looks like AMD's model numbering plan has fallen on its arse!

Toms Hardware benchmarked the XP3200+ and in pretty much EVERY instance it looks
like the thing is actually closer to a *true* 2.8GHz Intel P4. This means its gonna be damn hard to justify the tag, AND sell it to people when that particular chip simply isn't doing anything near what its supposed to..

Funnily enough however, upto about XP2400+ it really does appear as though those
CPUs did go toe-to-toe with the Intel P4s of equivalent speed (And AMDs are much much
cheaper!)

Which is somewhat comforting to us AMD based Musos running on these "Budget" CPUs.. ("2.4GHz performance" being more than enough in my book, and I'm only on a 2100+)  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             19-May-03  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: AMD XP CPU Hits the Wall!

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

If you're referring to the colour of my stools, well that depends on whether I've enjoyed a nice Shiraz with my meal or not...

Though why you'd want to know about the colour of my stools is beyond me... frrrrrrreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkk!!!

Message 12/13             19-May-03  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: AMD XP CPU Hits the Wall!

psylichon

lol! he said stools! twice, even!

Message 13/13             20-May-03  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: AMD XP CPU Hits the Wall!

dARKSTATe

*SNORT*  

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)