aaa Supernova vs Microwave XT? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova vs Microwave XT?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 09-Feb-99  @  11:15 PM   -   Supernova vs Microwave XT?

pelle

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm trying to decide between Supernova and MicrowaveXT.
But, I have not heard either one of these. I realize the final decision should be made based on the sound and not specs alone. So, if any one out there has both of these or have played or heard these two synths, I would appreciate an honest opinion based on sound.
What I'm looking for is fast /sub sounding bass sounds as in Mini Moog or SE-1. And realistic analog type sounds.
Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             11-Feb-99  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: Supernova vs Microwave XT?

SwmpMan

I cant help to feel a bit stupid buying the Supernova when just a few months later the Nova is released!!!

Rob me!

Well... I still love the SN but I cant see the reason for someone to buy it when the Nova is out there. Does anyone else feel this way?

/SwampMan

Message 12/13             11-Feb-99  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: Supernova vs Microwave XT?

lostwire

I do SwampMan, which is why I decided to start a new subject on this help forum. I really do feel cheated, especially after supporting Novation all these years. I own a BassStation keyboard & rack, the DrumStation (2 actually), & of course the Supernova. Unless an upgrade was available providing my "Super" nova with audio ins & a vocoder, I'd really have to think twice before blindly buying another piece of their gear. Don't get me wrong, I honestly believe they make some of the best stuff around & I wouldn't think of selling any of it, but c'mon! I paid top dollar last summer to have the SN shipped over to the USA & it's practically been written off already by a machine that's nearly its equal. For half the money!

Message 13/13             11-Feb-99  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Supernova vs Microwave XT?

Spike

Partly.
Warp 2

I like the sounds and with OS3 and beyond I think the sounds will be really good. Then I might get the expansion to give me more channels.

Warp 3
What I would really like is the NovaStation, a Nova with a touch sensitive keyboard and ribbon controllers (at least two vertical so the first and second fingers could independently slide up and down)for filter mods and cutoff/resonance etc.

Return to normal speed - dream over

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)