aaa Cubase>Supernova>sampler setup. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Cubase>Supernova>sampler setup.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Feb-99  @  05:47 PM   -   Cubase>Supernova>sampler setup.

legato

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

HI all , my name is Thomas. I recently bought the supernova (my first synth ever. "He who waits for something good" , right?)

I`m trying to use it with my PC(cubase),
and my Emu ESI4000 sampler. I`ve hooked it up like this: my keyboard is hooked to the midi in on my soundcard , my `nova is hooked to the midi out. My sampler is hooked to the supernova`s Midi OUT.
Ì`m trying to get the Supernova to "ignore" some channels and send them through to to the ESI instead. How can I do this? As it is now , the only way I can get any midi input on the ESI is to hook it to the MIDI THRU on the supernova.But the THRU send EVERYTHING to the ESI and I only want it to get midi on the channels NOT used by the supernova. I`ve read the manual but I can`t find anything spesificially about this.

Hope you guys can help , thanks.

Yours , Thomas

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             22-Apr-99  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Cubase>Supernova>sampler setup.

Banne

I want to reply to Thomas question at the top of this topic.
The easiest and for sure cheapest way of expanding your midi-capacity is to install more soundcards.
Ex.
3 soundcards give you a total of 48 midi-channels with 3 midi-ins and 3 midi-outs. This gives you a separate interface for each instrument you have.
Hope I made life easier for you!

Message 12/13             25-Apr-99  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Cubase>Supernova>sampler setup.

kilo

yeah... but then you'd need 3 spare irq's - unlikely... better to get a multi-out midi port unit using one irq

Message 13/13             26-Apr-99  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Cubase>Supernova>sampler setup.

Banne

Just make a separate hardwareprofile with equipment that you don't necessarily have to use while you create music turned off.
For exampel your modem, printer, com-port (if you don't use it to midi).
When you start your computer it wants to know wich hardwareprofile that is going to be used, make the "stripped" choice and then everything proceeds as normal, except for that you can't use what's turned off.
The IRQ:s that are set free is now available for other gear.
This is may not be so easy, but it works fine for me.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)