aaa Estimate on SNova OS3 arrival? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Estimate on SNova OS3 arrival?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-Feb-99  @  10:51 PM   -   Estimate on SNova OS3 arrival?

jer

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Phill,

It's been some time since you mentioned the 3.0 upgrade. Do you have any new projections on when that might occur?

One reason I am anxious is that I have been writing music using the OS1 original sounds. The more I use, the harder it will be to accomodate the OS3 sound dump. But I consider this to be an important action since you must install the new sounds to take advantage of the upgrades. It's unfortunate that an OS upgrade demands the scrapping of previously used sounds if you want improved response, but alas there is no good alternative. I want the improved features therefore I must labor.

Also, I have not read a response to the concern over the bad clicking that occurs when part volume moves via midi control or by moving the part level knob. This is an even more serious problem when using a MIDI wind controller affecting part volume (level). Will OS3 address this issue?

Don't worry, I still love my SuperNova.

Thanks,
Jer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             10-Mar-99  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: Estimate on SNova OS3 arrival?

Phill

Sounds:

It's up to you guy's if you want to use the new sounds or not...you do not have to...all the olde stuff will work still...ur old sounds made on V1 & V2 will work fine on OS3 but will not use any of the new features...I will create many new sounds that use the FX configs & Morphing...it sounds great belive me!!! but ultimatley it's up to you if you want to load em or not.

OS3 Availability:

The bad news is Official release data is now mid April.

The good news is a beta version will be on the site by the end of this week..

...good suggestion Mickey!!

Most new things work...all the bugs mentioned fixed...extra voices not yet.

Cheers,

Phill

Message 12/13             10-Mar-99  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Estimate on SNova OS3 arrival?

stevoe

Before I download the beta version, you mentioned that "most new things work". When you say this do you mean that most of the new functions are all implemented in the Beta and work brilliantly but some things have been left out for the full version in April. Or do you mean that some new functions on the Beta are buggy?

Message 13/13             10-Mar-99  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: Estimate on SNova OS3 arrival?

Phill

The Beta version I am fooling about with now has...New Reverb Algorithum but types have not been fully developed...sounds really good though...smooth as silk, all the MIDI stuff like Arp Pattern input via MIDI and the Arp Bug and delay Clicking fixed...Effects configs are there and the morph is there...but the balance on the last effect does not do what it's meant to yet but you can use it. Awesome possibilities with this one!
The extra voices are not available yet...pretty functional really...I will test the latest compilation tomorrow and post on the site tomorrow afternoon/evening English time if it's OK.

Phill@Novation

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)