aaa samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 29-Oct-97  @  09:27 PM   -   samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiq

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

im a bit thick really and a bit peed of really too. Ive bought cubase VST, thinking that it is wicked which it is...... But Midi stuff fine and dandy i can mess around ive a db50xg, a novation basstaion and its all cool also dex to sample some tunes. The thing is i have stacks of samples and stuff like drum loops (drum+bass, hip Hop, House) and other sounds, i thought that VST with its audio stuff would allow me to do put in wavs and play loads back no problem. But what happens, I stick the samples in a track firstly they distort all the time and sound crap or if im sticking 2 or more in then you cant hear them at the same time.
It cant be my machine cuz althought not amazing now its a p200mmx 32mb ram 4.3gb hdd and a SB16 card so that sould be ample. I used to use a porgram called magix music maker on my 486 which allowed me to play 8 mono or 4 ster tracks at the same time for about 5 minutes in total it was really good never messed the samples and was really good only problem being no MIDI stuff which ment you could be very creative at all. Please help cus im really PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to write write write!!!!
cheers for great site KILO

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             11-Nov-97  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJBooBooKitty

Clipping is always a problem with any software. The way I get around it is by recording audio at a lower volume than I usually would. Adjusting the volume for the track works fine too, but it'll take extra processing power as the software tries to compensate for the volume change.

If you have an existing audio track that's already at max volume, just normalize down to something smaller, like in sound forge or cooledit.

Message 12/13             12-Nov-97  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freestyle

>trade it in for logic 3, emagic are a bunch of pricks also, but at least their software works
> when it's not disabling your mouse.

was some little boy messing with warez? 'coz the cracks I've seen fuck up a serial mouse.

later...

Message 13/13             12-Nov-97  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: samples playing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo

yes.... My mate just upgraded to VSt, and had to bump up his pc to a P166 with mucho ram to make it work at all........ so it seems that your gonna have to get a newer pc to run it....... doesnt gina have a facility to set the input gain trim ??

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)