aaa s5000/6000 Users Please!! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 02-Oct-00  @  02:18 PM   -   s5000/6000 Users Please!!

kevin smith

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am in the market for a high end sampler, and would like to know the current state of affairs regarding the s5000/6000 series. What bugs are still lingering? Has anyone used OSv2? Has anyone had the opportunity to test their new ak.sys control software?? Help, I need you experience, everyone!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             21-Oct-00  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

H

you go from akai 6000 to
kurz...........ouch..........that's
gonna hurt...........

-;) No more big screen and 2 button
pushes for you then............

Message 12/14             22-Oct-00  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

tryptamine

Greetings Akai citizens.

I'd like to know what some long-time akai
users think is the best of the S series as far
as ease of interface, but still good quality.
I've always used a K2000 for sampling, but I
decided I need another sampler just for
drums. And I know I want an S series.
Which one sounds great, but more
importantly is simple and quick enough to
load hundreds to thousands of drum hits
and not shoot one's self?

Assuming such a thing exists.(and sorry to
hijack this thread, I can't start them for some
reason, I get an error message every time
:P

Message 13/14             22-Oct-00  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

H

It just depends the 5/6000 series is user friendly in that you have a row of buttons down the screen on each side.This allows you to access most parameters w/ 2 button pushes and a twist of the dial.The S3000XL is a little harde to use because there is more button pushing goin on.w/ the 5/6000 series you can plug a standard ascII keyboard into the front panel which would allow easy naming of the thousands of drum hits you intend to use.If you were looking for the sampler for drum purposes only I would consider an MPC 2000XL this would give you some pads(16) to beat on.really every machine akai makes is top quality so get the one you like the best.S2000 has a tiny screen which i guess is ok if you don't need to edit the waveform w/o a computer.Even if you buy commercially available samples you still need to process them in your machine for them to sound like the real deal.

real deal can be synthetix

Message 14/14             24-Oct-00  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: s5000/6000 Users Please!!

finkangel

hi all,

i bought my s5k when it first came out and as i was upgrading from my trusty s1k it was great.

two years down the line and we have os.2.

this is such blinding software and coupled with the new ak.sys (which all akai s5/6k owners simply MUST have) the creative possibilities are now endless.

i knew akai would come up with the goods in the end.

don't let anyone tell you differently!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)